Attention - Upcoming Password Changes - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeeppatriot Suggestions / Tech Support Having technical problems with the forum?
Can we make the site any better? Have a suggestion? Let us know.
Testing Grounds - <<-- Test your signatures and avatars here

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 10:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGadmin View Post
Hey there,

I understand your frustrations and concerns about the aggressive security upgrades we have implemented.
When we were informed of this issue, we acted on it at a very fast pace, and wanted to find the best and safest means available to us at the time.
Once this has been resolved, we may look into other means of security.

As for now we ask that you be patient with us.
If we can help any way, or if you have further questions, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Richard.
And what might the issue be? I think we'd like some specifics.

Also, even if hacked whats the worst that can happen? As NHPatriot said, this isn't a bank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:11 PM

Garage
Haa ... I guess so, security is what I do at work

Anyways, still not update just secrecy and the generic reference to the potential hack that occurred.

Hacker steals 45 million accounts from hundreds of car, tech, sports forums | ZDNet
VerticalScope.com

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
And what might the issue be? I think we'd like some specifics.

Also, even if hacked whats the worst that can happen? As NHPatriot said, this isn't a bank.
The basic info (ie. email) that could be gleamed from a hacked account could compromise other accounts on different sites, ones that may have access to more sensitive information. Adding complexity puts a stopper on that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
Haa ... I guess so, security is what I do at work

Anyways, still not update just secrecy and the generic reference to the potential hack that occurred.

Hacker steals 45 million accounts from hundreds of car, tech, sports forums | ZDNet
VerticalScope.com
The article fails to mention that the breach was suspected of a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.

Their system was compromised and they grabbed user data for us and thousands of others. We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

These tech blogs don't ever get the full story, there just have hearsay and run with and embellish it.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal level.

Thanks,
- JB

Check out our all-new Dodge Dart Forums!! If these forums interest you, even a little bit, please sign up today!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJA View Post
I got a message like that today and when I tried to change it, it wouldn't let me. I kept getting the "lock-out" after five unsuccessful tries. I finally just opened a new account and lost all my contacts and stuff I had saved in my previous account which I had been using for 6 1/2 years. It kind of sucked.
The password system is working and rolling out password reset emails without issue. If you are not receiving a reset for your older account it is possible you have an older email address linked to it.

Please attempt another reset and if it fails to arrive, please PM us directly with the username is question and we will investigate.

Thanks,
- JB

Check out our all-new Dodge Dart Forums!! If these forums interest you, even a little bit, please sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode