New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeeppatriot Suggestions / Tech Support Having technical problems with the forum?
Can we make the site any better? Have a suggestion? Let us know.
Testing Grounds - <<-- Test your signatures and avatars here

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Exclamation New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread

Hello Everyone,

We're proud to announce that the new site look and feel has been completed for JeepPatriot.com! Our designers and software engineers have been hard at work on this for several months. It's designed to modernize the site, make it easier to use, and to make it more attractive to new members and guests that visit .

The forum software we use, vBulletin, by default is not designed to be friendly to the eyes or to look modern. We went down to the nuts and bolts of the forum software and templates, and have done a ground up approach. There are several things you will notice now that the new design is live.

1) The site should be significantly faster.

We have applied every modern technique to speed up page load and tested with all modern browsers. We want the forum to be extremely fast and easy to use.

2) The site will work much better in mobile and tablet views

We've started applying responsive design, and have designed and tested against android and iPhone devices, Android tablets, and iPads. If you are sitting at your desk or on your couch, or just on your phone, the site will work much better than it did before, and load fast. We are still working on improving the experience even further in the months to come, but we wanted to launch this as quickly as we could.

3) The homepage is bright, crisp and clean.

We wanted the first page users saw to look beautiful, so that when a new guest arrives and is debating whether to join JeepPatriot.com, they see a beautiful doorway, and they walk right in.

As a forum member you can choose to use the new design (which is on by default) or you can go back to the old design. We ask that you give it a chance and see if you like it. Like anything new, it will be unfamiliar at first, but we suspect that the speed difference will make you want to use this new one. If you do decide to switch back, the link is at the bottom left of each forum page, you pull down and select the theme called "JeepPatriot.com Classic".

4) Garages will be featured on the site

You can show off your JeeP, You can post pictures in your garage and share it with others. Make sure you post up some images to share with the community at the link below.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/gar...?do=editgarage

5) Users will be able to register with Facebook

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

7) Another new great feature is the @Mention user plugin. You can tag members by simply using the @ symbol.

8) Drag and Drop image uploader

We hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions on the design, please let us know, feedback is appreciated.

If there are any issues you see. Post them up here and we will get them worked out.

Thanks,
-Your JeepPatriot.com Team
the_jeep_now likes this.

Check out our all-new Dodge Dart Forums!! If these forums interest you, even a little bit, please sign up today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:23 PM

Garage
Errrr ..... get rid of the right sidebar, its pretty annoying.

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
Errrr ..... get rid of the right sidebar, its pretty annoying.
6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.

Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.

- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

Jeff M
the_jeep_now and milspectees like this.

Check out our all-new Dodge Dart Forums!! If these forums interest you, even a little bit, please sign up today!

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Use the SEARCH feature

You should move the search bar to right above the shoutbox area, just because we all know people are still gonna think its the searchbox, haha.

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!

Last edited by breadtruck; 04-28-2016 at 03:54 PM.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 03:51 PM

Garage
Cool.

I hate change so we will see how I feel about things after a few drinks
Also I am premium, whys it stating to upgrade on the upper right?

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 PM

I th ink it looks great--change is always good if some new feature comes of it. Thanks for all your hard work and administering this site!
the_jeep_now and AGadmin like this.

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM

The classic version is easier to go through on my iPhone 6 Plus. The new version has things not fitting to my screen. Also the "forum" button to get to the main forum page is only letting me pick specific forum and not see the shout box and the rest. Could be a personal problem. Thanks for all the hard work.

'14 Patriot FDI
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueblueriot14 View Post
The classic version is easier to go through on my iPhone 6 Plus. The new version has things not fitting to my screen. Also the "forum" button to get to the main forum page is only letting me pick specific forum and not see the shout box and the rest. Could be a personal problem. Thanks for all the hard work.
@Trueblueriot14

Try double clicking forums to get the main forum index.

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/

Jeff M

post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.allwardt View Post
I th ink it looks great--change is always good if some new feature comes of it. Thanks for all your hard work and administering this site!
@jack.allwardt

Thank you for the kind words and your service.

Feel free to ask any questions here.

Jeff M

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 06:20 PM

Garage
So far I'm liking this. It will take a little while to get used to but visually its much better looking. The mobile version is a major improvement on my iPhone. Before I always used the desktop version on my phone because the mobile version was a bit frustrating, but now that I'm trying out the new mobile site its been much easier to use

The garage feature is really cool btw

Last edited by TGGearhead98; 04-28-2016 at 06:44 PM.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 PM

Haven't been on it until now, but first impression is - - - - - awesome!
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 PM

Not sure what's up - my last post shows as Yesterday at 11:59PM, when I posted it 20 minutes ago (8:25pm EST 4/28/16). Also, the links in the Garage to upload images don't seem to be working?
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 09:37 PM

Man, I really like that red Patriot right in the center of the forum header

Street Yuppie That Ain't Afraid To Kick It Into 4 Wheel

MODS: Black Billet 14" Antenna, Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tinted Windows, Red LED Dome Lights, Draw Tite Class III/IV Receiver Hitch, Rugged Ridge Floor Mats, Alpine/JL Audio Build (Pushing 1500W RMS to 11 speakers running off of 2 batteries)

Keeping it a REAL JEEP since 11/9/15: Pro Comp 7032 16x8 Wheels, 225/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, RRO 2 1/8" lift kit.
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec
Been here almost 10 years
Seen a few changes
Dont like what i see
Dont like the new post function
I will still be around but probably wont be as active with this format
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 11:05 PM

Garage
I'm sure once we locate our favorite things it'll be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode