10 days old - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
The Sway Bar Your Off-Topic Playland.
Non-Jeep related topics.
The Abyss   Where bad threads go to die  (restricted access)

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I had 3 kids in the back of my patriot for over a year (before we got pregnant with #4, and had to go up in seating count).

Smallest forward facing kid behind the driver, largest forward facing kid behind the passenger, rear facing in the middle. Only way to go. We also went to babies r us, and they allowed us to measure the seats with a tape measure, and then took the ones we were interested in out the car, and fit them and make sure they actually fit

Congrats by the way!

I'll drum up a picture of my kids here in a moment in the back.

Here you go:

Oh, as a parent pro tip, Get seat covers, fold some towels, put them down, put the seat covers over the towels, that way if something is spilled, it goes into the seat covers/towels, and not the seats. I've had kids puke back there, and the seats still looked brand new.

Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that with the towels. Do you have a hard time getting the kid out of the center seat? I have noticed it has been a pain for me.

Mods: 225/65/17 Geolandar A/T, K&N Cold air intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMan View Post
Thanks for the tip, I will have to try that with the towels. Do you have a hard time getting the kid out of the center seat? I have noticed it has been a pain for me.
And it doesn't get any easier as they get heavier/as you have more of them. I actually have pretty good muscles, after 7 years, for being able to bend over at a 45 degree angle, and pick up up to 35lbs. very exercised in that. try with 10lb bags of potatoes, but make sure the bags allow quite a bit of play in them, that way you can practice picking up a sleeping baby without disturbing it enough to wake it up.

The towel also saves your seat from the constant pressure the car seat puts on it, so eventually when you take it off, you don't have big divots in the seat from the car seat.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 11:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec
Quote:
I am guessing its best to put the rear facing seat in the center? I wasn't able to easily fit it behind the passenger seat.
not sure which is best/safest, side seats or center
i had no problem fitting car seats behind either passenger or drivers side,
preferred passenger side for ease of checking on the baby
to determine safety of center seat i believe you can stop by most firehouses which have updated safety info on car seats
if you are one to take the seat in/out of the car alot i would recommend looking into one with a base that stays in place,
snapping car seat into the base is alot easier than messing with seatbelt every time

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:13 PM
MB
Seriously Addicted

Congratulations! I brought my daughter home from the hospital in my Patriot. Just had her 4th birthday!

The Patriot is a decent size for a car seat. We had the Grecco Keyfit 30 and it fit easily. The stroller in the back was a bit tight but it worked.

Congratulations again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RossoRacer likes this.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 07:37 AM

Congrats!
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:59 PM

congrats!
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:11 PM

Garage
Congrats on the little one!!
We will be rearranging our 7 year old and 10 month old from the Grand Cherokee to the Patriot now. Better on gas! Save the Grand for the longer trips that involve waaaaaaaay more luggage/pack n play/camping gear .. .
RossoRacer likes this.

2007 Patriot Sport 4x4
2001 Grand Cherokee Limited
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen0cide View Post
Congrats on the little one!!
We will be rearranging our 7 year old and 10 month old from the Grand Cherokee to the Patriot now. Better on gas! Save the Grand for the longer trips that involve waaaaaaaay more luggage/pack n play/camping gear .. .
I've been thinking of getting a diesel grand cherokee 2014+ that has a little bit more room than the patriot. Just they are expensive. The diesel gets great mpg.
Gen0cide likes this.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
I've been thinking of getting a diesel grand cherokee 2014+ that has a little bit more room than the patriot. Just they are expensive. The diesel gets great mpg.
Never had a diesel.. I hear the mpg is sooooo much better. But, when I pull up to the pumps here in NC, and see the diesel prices jacked WAY higher than regular, I admit I cringe a little. I suppose the mpg balances out the higher price? Or is NC the only place that jacks it up so high?

I love our Grand. It is a vastly older model than you are looking at (broke couple on a teacher salary with 2 kids!) It is a limited, but a 2001 and it's a salvage/rebuild so we were able to get it for well under what we could get anything else. It's the first car we ever bought with no intention of ever trading in or trying to sell. It's in the family until the wheels fall off. Then, we will replace the wheels and keep on going!! Other than a transmission glitch that I am trying to get a local mechanic friend to teach ME how to address, it's a wonderful vehicle. And, it's my "learn how to be a mechanic" vehicle. We shall see how long before I screw something up and have to take it to an actual mechanic...

2007 Patriot Sport 4x4
2001 Grand Cherokee Limited
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 08:26 AM

Thumbs up

Beautiful baby. Congratulations. I'm jealous of her hair!

2012 FDII WHITE SPORT
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:15 AM

Congrats man! We have a 5 month old girl and whenever she rides with me in the Pat I have to move the passenger seat up a pretty significant amount. My wife is tiny (5'3") so it doesn't really affect her but its a really tight fit for me at 6'0". My knees are practically in the dash if I'm in the passenger seat with the car seat behind me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode