Jeep Patriot Forums banner

John's 2015 Patriot

20K views 45 replies 7 participants last post by  Bridgman123 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello all,
I have had my Patriot approximately 1.5 years. Have lots of plans for it. Been taking my time with mods and upgrades. I actually thought I was going to keep this one until the final year for the Patriot and then get my dream Patriot. But I really like the one I have even though it's fwd. I have never been stranded or stuck. So I will probably be keeping her.

Model: 2015 High Altitude fwd.

Color: True Blue

Engine: 2.0

Trans: CVT

Tires: Came with Firestone Affinity (not good) put on Goodyear SRA 215 65 17. These are ok but will be buying BFG KO 2s 225 65 17 really soon. **Changed Tire Brand to Goodyear A/T Adventure w/Kevlar, 245 65 17. Installed, had to do the pinch weld mod.

Mods so far:
Stubby antenna
Rugged Ridge Floor mats (front only)
Vent visors
Mud flaps *changing to mopar mud flaps*
Battery blanket.

Future Planned Mods:
Roof rack
NOCO plug mounted in fascia for my battery blanket. DONE!
Install jumper cable plug on the front fascia. (So I can just plug my jumper cables in)
Curt Hitch DONE!
Tow Hooks DONE!
Fabricate skid plates
Rugged Ridge rear mats and cargo liner.
Engine oil cooler kit
Wheel spacers. DONE! 1.5" Hub Centric.
RRO Lift- Maybe
Transmission cooler
CB Radio
Mini front bull bar and light bar.
Scangauge 2-DONE!

I will try to update this regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#37 · (Edited)
GOT RID OF MY PATRIOT

Well I hate to say it but I traded my Patriot in. Mine was a FWD. and I really wanted something trail rated. I ran into a deal that I couldn't pass up. I have bought from the same Jeep dealer many years. My sales man new I was looking for a trail rated Patriot, but they only had colors I did not want or optioned differently than I wanted. He called the other day and told me they had a few Renegade Trailhawks that they could discount 30% and also 3,000.00 rebate. I owned my Patriot outright so this turned out very well. So I started doing research and the Renegade Trailhawk is a very capable Jeep. I still love the Patriot, I've had 3 through the years. It was just time for a change to a trail rated Jeep. I've only had my Renegade 2 days, but I can't wait to hit the trails. Plus my wife has a compass so I can still hang on this site lol. I know I havent been on here long . But I really enjoy this site. And all the mods I have done to my Patriot.

I had put 1.5" Hub Centric spacers on. They were only on maybe 2 weeks. I took them off before trade. If anyone is interested? Also took off my 245 65 17 Goodyear A/T Adventure w/Kevlar tires. The spacers cost me around 120.00. But if your interested just pm me an offer, they are just sitting in my garage.

Again thanks for being such a cool group.
I will stay active here because it's so cool here

The first is my beloved Patriot High Altitude second is my new Renegade Trailhawk

#38 ·
Congrats on getting the trail rated vehicle you desired. Im surprised they couldnt find a Patriot that matched the features you wanted, I guess there arent too many left out there (hear that folks, jump on one while the getting's good!)
Good thing is you can still do all the same Patriot mods to that Compass your wife has (just gotta have her permission first, haha)

#39 ·
Congrats on getting the trail rated vehicle you desired. Im surprised they couldnt find a Patriot that matched the features you wanted, I guess there arent too many left out there (hear that folks, jump on one while the getting's good!)

Good thing is you can still do all the same Patriot mods to that Compass your wife has (just gotta have her permission first, haha)

LOL, yea, I keep hers pretty much stock. The dealer had a 30,000.00 dollar FD2 and a 20,000.00 bone stock . Wanted something in the middle. But with the deal I got it was cheaper. It's actually a nice little rig. It's a bit shorter which is nice in my garage. I have a small 2 stall garage. Just irritated that I bought the tires and I don't think they will fit the Renegade.

#40 ·
Renegayde probably has same bolt pattern as the Patriot, but, sad news...Renegayde is just a rebadged Fiat 500x. Same exact vehicle, just with Jeep "easter eggs" and a better AWD system. Granted, some say the same about the Patriot compared to the Caliber, but the Patriot has alot more differences vs the Caliber as opposed to the virtually identical(besides sheetmetal) Renny/500x. I'm happy you've got a vehicle you like, but I'm afraid it's just not a Jeep. Not even built in this country, they're imported from Italy, and got the gascap on the right-hand side of all places.

#41 ·
I appreciate your thoughts, but I think you are being a little harsh. I think the Renegade will off-road as well as a patriot. Seeing they are both based on basically car platforms. In my opinion the Wrangler is really the only one to be called a true Jeep. Nothing in Jeeps line up can compare. But I still like all of them.

#42 ·
Haha, in some ways the MB is the only Jeep. And I'm sure the Trailsquawk does as well as a FD2, but an FJ Cruiser can off-road pretty well, and nobody's slapping Jeep badges on those. Patriot has, well, simplicity on it's side, ya know? Crank windows, CVT or manual, a radio without a smartphone screen, shifter that's not a dial, starter that still uses a key, no "selec-terrain" cheat code, that sort of thing.

#43 ·
Yea, sorry if I came off like a jerk. Just thought I'd try something new. I like it so far. Still new. But time will tell. Lol. At least I can still go have some fun in it. I am in my vehicle most of the day it's my mobile office, so a few of the tech conveniences are nice for my application. But I do get what your saying. Sometimes simplicity is best.

#45 ·
Jon,

If you want to ship those wheel spacers to Canada let me know i will take them!

Hey man, always looking to pay it forward for another Patriot owner. They're yours if you want. Just pay shipping and I will get them to you. Just pm me your address and we can exchange emails. They are 1.5 hub centric and we're only on my Patriot about 2 weeks. They are just sitting in my garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.