My 2015 "Bad Company" Patriot Project - Jeep Patriot Forums
Build Threads Check out build and adventure threads here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By jd_1138

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

My 2015 "Bad Company" Patriot Project

Hi everyone! I just recently bought a 2015 Patriot and I'm in love with it but I definitely do want to make my Patriot into a badass off road vehicle. Anyone have any suggestions on, 4x4 conversion kits, suspension lift kits, roof racks, swing out spare tire/Jerry can mount, running boards, light bars, aftermarket grilles, and front/rear off road bumpers with winch and bullbars? I know I'm asking for a lot but I haven't found any good sites providing what I'm looking for. Thanks for your help everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1474651962411.jpg (16.7 KB, 362 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:39 PM

Nice looking Pat!

It's a Patriot...it will never be a "badass off road vehicle", but with the proper items, it will be capable, so long as you know the vehicles limits. What 4WD system do you have?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 02:45 PM

However, for a simple 2" lift, and some off road goodies, see Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
Nice looking Pat!

It's a Patriot...it will never be a "badass off road vehicle", but with the proper items, it will be capable, so long as you know the vehicles limits. What 4WD system do you have?
I believe that with the right parts and proper installment anything can be a badass off road vehicle lol I unfortunately don't have 4wd so that's why I'm looking to convert my Pat to 4wd
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplinville View Post
However, for a simple 2" lift, and some off road goodies, see Off-Road Equipment for the Serious Enthusiast
Thank you much appreciated!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 08:56 PM

I think it will be cost prohibitive to convert to 4x4 and it'd void your warranty. Might as well sell it and then buy a 4x4 one. There are 2 levels -- Freedom Drive 1 and Freedom Drive 2. Live in a cold state where you even need 4x4? Though that said, my mom lives in sunny California and I told her to get the 4x4 (was only $2k more) since the 4x4 works with the stability control, anti-roll mitigation, traction control, etc.. I want her to be as safe as possible. The 2WD also has the stability control and anti-roll stuff too.

But if you plan on doing some hard core off-roading, might be better to just get a Wrangler.
jplinville likes this.

Last edited by jd_1138; 09-24-2016 at 09:13 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2016, 07:12 AM

^^^ Totally agree. Coverting a fwd to a 4x4 will cost more money than its worth.

If you want to stick with the fwd and use it for some basic trails then your best bet would be to give it a 2" lift (highest you can go without greater modification) and throw some bigger all terrains on on there.

Sorry dude, but I think you picked the wrong vehicle to be a badass off road vehicle.

I've had mine for about 6years now (fd1) and taken through bush and beach, but I wouldn't ever think of this as an bad ass off roader.

Good luck with your vehicle though mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode