Request to add two-tone color to my Pat - Jeep Patriot Forums
The Chop Shop Post your latest photoshop creations Jeep related or otherwise!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Major Modificator

Request to add two-tone color to my Pat

If you're part of the FB page, Jeep Patriot Around The World, you may have seen that I was asking about colors to Plastidip the lower half of my Pat with. I want to see what metallic Gold would look like. I plan on painting the entire front bumper/grill, then follow the wheel well arches and bottom door line and wrap it around the whole rear bumper. I also want to do the spokes on my wheels, but leave the barrels alone. If anybodies got a little time on their hands, I would greatly appreciate it. I have CS6, but I barely know how to get around in it lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Yeesh... my photochop skills are not great, but here's an idea of what it'd be like at least... I'm sure it'd look much less intense in person.

Got that U of O theme going on, go Ducks!

Last edited by nth256; 06-12-2015 at 11:05 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Garage
A two tone paint job? Hey, what a novel idea! Oh, they had that back in the 1950? Darn.

Seriously, since Detroit seems to lack any styling originality (mostly eggs or following Asian trends) I think some new tasteful paint schemes would be helpful. I know, I know . . . they'll probably come up with something bizarre.

Then again, they're doing so much retro these days, maybe you can re-start the two-tone theme.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Major Modificator

That looks sick! It obviously wont look like gold plating irl, but I will be using Plastidip Vintage Gold Metalizer.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 08:11 PM

Garage
When first I looked at this thread your second photo did not show. Now it does. I agree -- its an awful color combination. I do hope its "much less intense" as you stated. But I like the concept.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Use the SEARCH feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
its an awful color combination
Being a Packer fan, I disagree. Looks beautiful

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Major Modificator

Quote:
When first I looked at this thread your second photo did not show. Now it does. I agree -- its an awful color combination. I do hope its "much less intense" as you stated. But I like the concept.
I meant "that looks sick!" as in it's badass.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 08:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparnumber1 View Post
I meant "that looks sick!" as in it's badass.
I was referring to nth256's photoshop rendition. I meant 'sick' in the traditional sense. No offense intended, just my opinion.

And I still think Detroit isn't doing enough with paint. In fact it seems they're doing less. How many variations on black, white, gray & silver can they come up with? We're lucky to have any more than one shade of any other color, and some are missing altogether. Current Patriot offerings: Black, White, two Grays, Red, and Olive. How about a light blue, a dark blue metallic, copper (didn't we used to have that?), a couple more greens and a brown even . . .

If they won't give us a selection, why not just send them out in primer and let us find a shop and choose our own colors?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Major Modificator

Quote:
I was referring to nth256's photoshop rendition. I meant 'sick' in the traditional sense. No offense intended, just my opinion.

And I still think Detroit isn't doing enough with paint. In fact it seems they're doing less. How many variations on black, white, gray & silver can they come up with? We're lucky to have any more than one shade of any other color, and some are missing altogether. Current Patriot offerings: Black, White, two Grays, Red, and Olive. How about a light blue, a dark blue metallic, copper (didn't we used to have that?), a couple more greens and a brown even . . .

If they won't give us a selection, why not just send them out in primer and let us find a shop and choose our own colors?
well, I can see what you mean, but back when cars were being made with 2-tone paints consistently, there weren't that many being made per month. it saves WAYYYYY more time to dip a car in a vat of paint, or just run it through a conveyer where machines spraypaint it automatically. Taking the time to mask off a car for a second color takes up so much time, therefor producing less numbers and less efficiency. Also, fancy colors cost more money. Plus, these are supposed to be the most "Affordable" SUV/CUV Chrysler has to offer. gotta keep it cheap.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-15-2015, 10:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Plus, these are supposed to be the most "Affordable" SUV/CUV Chrysler has to offer. gotta keep it cheap.
I guess there are worse places to shave costs.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Major Modificator

Quote:
I guess there are worse places to shave costs.
yea, but they did leave out some stupidly simple features, like the rear amber turn signals. They could have at least changed the damn tail lamp assembly. Wonder how much those 2 bulbs really saved them.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
If you're part of the FB page, Jeep Patriot Around The World, you may have seen that I was asking about colors to Plastidip the lower half of my Pat with. I want to see what metallic Gold would look like. I plan on painting the entire front bumper/grill, then follow the wheel well arches and bottom door line and wrap it around the whole rear bumper. I also want to do the spokes on my wheels, but leave the barrels alone. If anybodies got a little time on their hands, I would greatly appreciate it. I have CS6, but I barely know how to get around in it lol.

Had a little bit of extra time on my hands. Hope this helps!

Last edited by glocktistic765; 06-18-2015 at 08:49 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 12:11 AM

I'll be honest, I think it looks better with the whole lower half done like that. Well done, glocktistic765!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Major Modificator

That looks awesome glocktistic765! I think I'll have to agree with nth256. It'll run up my plastidip bill a bit more, but damn if it wont look good. I'm still not 100% sure on the color yet. I hate that it's green. not many colors go with dark green, and black is so boring. Maybe a lime green with gold flake...

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
That looks awesome glocktistic765! I think I'll have to agree with nth256. It'll run up my plastidip bill a bit more, but damn if it wont look good. I'm still not 100% sure on the color yet. I hate that it's green. not many colors go with dark green, and black is so boring. Maybe a lime green with gold flake...
I can do that for you when I get home from work later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode