Interior plastics - Page 3 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Detailing 101 Discuss tips and tricks on making your Jeep look its best!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds View Post
I tried 303 protectant today, I was a little underwhelmed by it. It looked great on the dash, but on the insides of the doors and the plastic moulding on the outsides of the doors it looked really uneven.
Give it some time, more applications.
I also don't spray it on the plastic and then wipe, I wet my cloth and then wipe it on.

303 actually repairs the surface of the plastic, it causes the little microscopic shards of roughness to lay back down over time.

So, soon enough your interior begins to look better. You may not notice as you are the one doing it but someone who saw your vehicle last year, went away to college, got drunk at Spring Break and served a short jail sentence for public indecency, then came back and bummed a ride from you to her probation officer would notice.

"Hey, this interior looks better than before my life fell of the rails!" she would say.

Just give it some time, don't give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:13 PM

Is the Patriots Plastic Interior MADE IN CHINA ?? Anyone know ?

Yes, the economy has gotten better....
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm51 View Post
Is the Patriots Plastic Interior MADE IN CHINA ?? Anyone know ?
Not only is it made in China, it is made from the squeezing's of political prisoners.

You don't want to know about the "soft touch" surfaces...
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 PM

So that's where the Chinese Political Prisoners go into the plastic trim and molding. Kind of like a cheap filler.

Yes, the economy has gotten better....
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Ever since I bought my patriot in december, I've only used used armorall once on the car with displeasing results. The armorall was leaving an uneven shine so I quickly used a damp cloth to take it off,. Now, ever since then, I've just used a damp cloth just for the interior, but sometimes dust collects and it's annoying the heck out of me. I'm considering using Pledge as to what some of the members here advising. Does it really work? I'm not interested in the interior to shine. I just want a clean interior. I know the only way to know is to try it, but just want input first, thanks!
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Railroad photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
Ever since I bought my patriot in december, I've only used used armorall once on the car with displeasing results. The armorall was leaving an uneven shine so I quickly used a damp cloth to take it off,. Now, ever since then, I've just used a damp cloth just for the interior, but sometimes dust collects and it's annoying the heck out of me. I'm considering using Pledge as to what some of the members here advising. Does it really work? I'm not interested in the interior to shine. I just want a clean interior. I know the only way to know is to try it, but just want input first, thanks!
Leave the Amorall alone! Not sure about Pledge but at least try a bottle of the Meguiars interior detailer...I don't think you will be disappointed

Charles Burgess
2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport V6 ADI
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-24-2013, 08:30 PM

Hmmm, I will have to check that out
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Your Neighborhood 2WD Rep

I have used armorall on my last 2 cars, and have used it so far on my Pat. Not the protectant wipes yet, but I have used the cleaning wipes.

For dust, I always keep some swiffer pads in the back so when the dash dust starts to get annoying I can just wipe it away

PAST: '12 Patriot 4X2 Altitude Edition

Mods- Rugged Ridge Mats, Mopar Utility Bars, Mopar Bug Deflector, Custom Rear Seat Back Protectors, Mopar Cargo Tray, 7" Stubby Antenna, Rockford Fosgate Prime Audio Upgrade, Mopar Cargo Organizer, DC Sports Black Powdercoated Exhaust Tip, X2 Green RockyMount Euro PitchFork Bike Mounts, K&N Air Filter, Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim, Mopar Hitch, Hitch Mount Bike Carrier

post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 02:09 PM

Yeah, I used the armorall sponge wipes from the car wash that they sell in those dispensers and those things made uneven streaks. Maybe the sponge doesn't work well with this kind of plastic.
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 09:11 AM

Search for Chemichal Guys Silk Shine, it give's a nice not too much shine texture, it also does the important work of protecting the plastic from the sun UV radiation

2011 Pat 2.4L 4x4 Sport
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Major Modificator

A lot of people here have mentioned Pledge, I assume they mean the spray kind? I have always used Pledge Orange Oil (http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/140436/300.jpg). Leaves a nice shine that lasts for weeks, and it prevents dust, plus it smells nice, but subtle. Just don't go spraying your steering wheel with it.

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 PM

Auto Glym vinyl and rubber care....that is all.

"Defence Not Defiance"
-Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Motto

RRO Lift
235/65/R17 Toyo OpenCountry AT2
Eagle 050 Alloy Wheels
Midland CB Radio
Yakima Mega Warrior Rack W/ Spare Tire
Rigid Industry SR-M Roof Rack Lights
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:17 AM

I used Simoniz protective wipes on all the trim pieces last weekend including the dash. Surprisingly, it turned out well.
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 06:38 AM

I'm a big fan of 303 product. It leaves a clean look finish and not greasy.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 08:34 PM

Used 303 today on my new Pat. Wanted to treat all rubber & plastic, inside & out... under the hood too, while it is dirt free. Took me a good portion of the day. Glad I did it. Rather than spray on small areas I saturated a 3" square of cloth and proceeded to wipe on. Less waste and no spray on unintended areas.

live long & prosper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode