TSB's: Complete list of all TSBs & Recalls issued for 2007-up Patriot models - Page 5 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 AM

SeaRiot, you're absolutely right on this one. It's an aerodynamic thing, isn't it? When you park the vehicle up and hose the roof with a pressure washer you still cannot get anything more that a miserable little weep to come into the car, but just set off for two or three hundred miles through heavy rain and you can half fill a bucket!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 PM

09/29/08 … 0809 … RRT-08070a .. Lower Control Arm (LCA) to Crossmember Mounting Bolts

i am currently having this issue with my jeep at 68 thousand km... the dealership is saying that its not covered under my warranty and that the tsb means nothing in this matter.

As i've read in previous posts, the dealership is suppose to fix these problems. what additional information do i need to provide to get this issue fixed under my warranty.????
post #63 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
Part 1: Jeep Patriot Technical Service Bulletins

Date ...... Model Yr … TSB # …............................ Description......................

09/25/10 … 0710 … #23-016-10a .. Water Leaks At The Front And/Or Rear Roof Area
Milous, this link is not working, says file not found... any chance that can get fixed when you get a chance? Need a copy of that TSB. Thanks!!

post #64 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 03:48 PM
mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejeep View Post
Milous, this link is not working, says file not found... any chance that can get fixed when you get a chance? Need a copy of that TSB. Thanks!!
Drop the "a" in the url.
post #65 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to butch81385
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotix View Post
i am currently having this issue with my jeep at 68 thousand km... the dealership is saying that its not covered under my warranty and that the tsb means nothing in this matter.

As i've read in previous posts, the dealership is suppose to fix these problems. what additional information do i need to provide to get this issue fixed under my warranty.????
From my understanding, a TSB is only a list of instructions for common issues for the dealer. If you are out of warranty, you will most likely have to pay for a TSB fix. If you are in warranty, and you have the symptoms of the TSB, they should repair for free. If you are in warranty and don't show symptoms, they will not do anything (the major difference between a TSB and a recall).

I don't like signatures.
post #66 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 01:18 AM

Good thing to have here. Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotix View Post

Once warranty is up. EVERYTHING that goes wrong is OUT OF YOUR POCKET. TSB's are only helpers for the dealer tech's.
If you dont wanna get stuck paying for stuff out of your pocket,there are aftermarket companys that offer warranty.

Last edited by Apriliagirl; 11-11-2010 at 01:26 AM.
post #67 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apriliagirl View Post
Good thing to have here. Thanks for posting!

Once warranty is up. EVERYTHING that goes wrong is OUT OF YOUR POCKET. TSB's are only helpers for the dealer tech's.
If you dont wanna get stuck paying for stuff out of your pocket,there are aftermarket companys that offer warranty.
Not necessarily. I just took my Pat in today due to this issue and my warranty expired a couple of months ago (time, not distance cause). I told them that this is an issue that I have read on this forum and that MANY people have had this problem and since my Jeep has less than 29,000 miles, something really needs to be looked at. They got in contact with Jeep and they will be paying for the parts. I have to come up with the labor costs but its better than nothing.
I think it's a matter of how you approach it with the dealer (imho). It's worth at least mentioning that the suspension has been a known issue and they might meet you halfway like they did me. Can't hurt to ask.

I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #68 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 02:56 PM

warranty = fixes concerns during the stated period of the warranty agreement

recall = fixes concerns in or out of warranty because the manufacture or Gov, feels it could cause a safety concern and warranties a repair when the vehicle is out of warranty

tsb= technical service bulletin. to help aid in repairs during or after a warranty period.

good will warranty = when a manufacture feels there is just cause to help out a customer out of the warrant period . this is left up to the desecration of the dealer and they take in account various reasons like the veh. is just out of warranty, the customer had the problem when it was in warranty, the customer is the original owner , the customer is friends with the owner, lol etc. its 50/50 if the dealer will help but does not hurt to try.

sol = there is no chance in Hattie's you will get anything covered. lol

"GOTJEP" does your body good. lol
Lynchburg Va.
post #69 of 75 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 02:56 PM

Recently joined the site. This article is GREAT . Thanks Milous.
post #70 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Medic311 Send a message via MSN to Medic311
just read about 6 months ago about a Class Action Suit against Chrysler for the leaking sunroof issue.
post #71 of 75 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 07:43 AM

Thanks and please keep us informed.

08 Patriot Limited 4x4
Inferno Red
Power Sunroof
All the Xtras
post #72 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
just read about 6 months ago about a Class Action Suit against Chrysler for the leaking sunroof issue.
they wont help me, its pre-FIAT
post #73 of 75 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:54 PM

Hi ...i am thinking of buying a jeep patriot but I am not sure what to do about it because on its MOT it has an advisory that says :
offside front Ball joint has slight play Rack arm
Exhaust emits an excessive level of metered smoke
Electronic power steering warning lamp indicates a failure in the system
Exhaust emits excessive smoke or vapour of any colour ...does anybody know if these issues are very serious or if it is something that can be fixed?! and if it's very expensive or not .

Thank you
post #74 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 01:40 AM

This post is really helpful. Thank you.
post #75 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM

Just curious, is there another thread somewhere with updated current TSB's?

This thread seemed to stall after 2012.... did something change to make TSB's harder to obtain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode