TSB's: Complete list of all TSBs & Recalls issued for 2007-up Patriot models - Page 3 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 03:44 AM

You got it stickerboy,let us know how the control arm bolts work out for you, also keep smiling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 05:26 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dski View Post
You got it stickerboy,let us know how the control arm bolts work out for you, also keep smiling.
Well after going dowm there TSB in hand. Yet another fight with my dealer. They refused to look at it as they said my vehichle had no RECALL against it for this. I was tired of fighting with them and told them they could go pound sand. I will be taking my PAT to the next dealer 125KM away and they will look at it for me. Pretty sad! No wonder these North american car manufactures are in such trouble. Go to your local Honda or Toyota dealer and see what kind of service you get. I have had both in the past and never once did I get an argument with them. As a matter of fact they go out of there way to make sure you are absolutley satisfied. Tell ya, this might be the last time I buy North american again. Only trouble is, I really like the Jeep line up so I might have to live with it. Oh well! Will see how it goes at the next dealer. Sticker.
post #33 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:18 PM

Took my Patriot to the dealer today to get the "EPS Off" flash. He gave me a hard time wanting me to explain why I wanted it. After about 20 minutes of haggling and looking at the car to show him he agreed. He looked up and found the recall for the control arm bolts.
He told me it would take over an hour. I was in a little hurry and only wanted the flash as it takes only minutes. He said either both or none. So I got them both done and the car works fine. So here's a dealer who actually wants to do warranty work.

post #34 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by william240 View Post
Took my Patriot to the dealer today to get the "EPS Off" flash. He gave me a hard time wanting me to explain why I wanted it. After about 20 minutes of haggling and looking at the car to show him he agreed. He looked up and found the recall for the control arm bolts.
He told me it would take over an hour. I was in a little hurry and only wanted the flash as it takes only minutes. He said either both or none. So I got them both done and the car works fine. So here's a dealer who actually wants to do warranty work.
Is it really considered a recall?...I thought recalls would be handled through a postal mailing.
If its a TSB, then I think what happens is, if the issue is prevelant on the car brought in, then the TSB is brought into play. I could be wrong.
Im glad you had no issues getting it addressed regardless. Staying on top of these things, is a must.
Im in Markham..what dealership did you go to?
Thanks
post #35 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 PM

Scarsview

I think you are right and it is a TSB
post #36 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 02:33 PM

TSB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
Next on the list is the lower control arm bolt for me. Gonna have the TSB in hand for that too. I don't think my dealer is gonna like me to much soon, but hey that is why I bought a new car eh!
Where do I get this famous TSB? never heard of it before!

Jeep Patriot 4x4 FDI 2009
post #37 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk164 View Post
Where do I get this famous TSB? never heard of it before!
It's the "rapid response" section in the first post
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Patriot/...nse_08070a.pdf
post #38 of 75 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 12:12 AM

Well the day has come. Getting the Control arm bolts done on Saturday. I bitched enough so I think they finaly got sick of me and said lets just do it. Anyway, while I'm there I am looking at a new Wrangler Unlimited to. Might just have to take that home
post #39 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Hi, Id like to extend my thanks to the individual who is updating these TSB on an ongoing basis!!
Its great consumer information!!!
post #40 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Kahbrohn Send a message via MSN to Kahbrohn
I am still looking for the TSB's on the wifey... She need's a lot or fixing up!

2009 - Jeep Patriot, Sport (Light Sandstone)
2014 - Jeep Patriot, Sport (White)
post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM

After reading the $50 dollar coupon for Canadians post, I called the Chrysler service desk and she said no problem, the coupon's in the mail and asked if she could help me with anything else. Since she had the VIN I asked if there were any recalls that I should get looked at and she said that there were no recalls issued for my vehicle. I have a 2007 North Edition FDII. When I go to http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/ I get the following message - No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist. Just curious if the recalls listed in this post apply to all Patriots or just US owners?
post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 12:52 PM

I may be wrong but I think "Recalls" and "TSB's" are looked upon differently. I was told once that Recalls have to do with vehicle safety (issue that could harm operator/occupants) and TSB deals with vehicle maintenance/mechanics issues (issues that do not affect operator/occupants safety). A defective OEM tire (as the old Ford Explorer issue) would be the issue of a recall where as a deffective TPMS sensor for example may not necessarily be considered a safety hazard and subject to a TSB.

As I said, this is how it was explained to me once... Someone correct me if I am wrong please!

post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahbrohn View Post
I may be wrong but I think "Recalls" and "TSB's" are looked upon differently. I was told once that Recalls have to do with vehicle safety (issue that could harm operator/occupants) and TSB deals with vehicle maintenance/mechanics issues (issues that do not affect operator/occupants safety). A defective OEM tire (as the old Ford Explorer issue) would be the issue of a recall where as a deffective TPMS sensor for example may not necessarily be considered a safety hazard and subject to a TSB.

As I said, this is how it was explained to me once... Someone correct me if I am wrong please!
I know they won't mention the TSBs, but in this thread, there are also recalls listed for the 07 Patriot, however the service centre said that there are no recalls issued for my Jeep.
post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 01:48 PM

I have a feeling there are no recalls for any Patriot so far.. just TSB's. Which, I guess, is good news!

post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 01:53 PM

So what about these listed at the start of this thread -

Part 2. Jeep Patriot Recalls

Date ...... Model Yr …… # .......................... Description......................

11/00/2008 … 2009 … RC-H33 …. Powertrain Control Module
01/00/2008 … 0708 … RC-G42 …. TIPM Re-Configure, Anti-Theft System
01/00/2008 … 0708 … RC-G43 …. AIRBAG LABEL
12/00/2007 … 0708 … RC-G31 …. TIPM Re-Configure, Headlamp Leveling
10/00/2007 … 2007 … RC-G36 …. Manufacturers Weight Label
07/00/2007 … 2007 … RC-F50 …. Reprogram ABS Control Module
05/00/2007 … 2007 … RC-G15 …. Rear Wheel Hub Mounting Bolts
05/00/2007 … 2007 … RC-G19 …. Reconfigure TIPM – Daytime Running Lamps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode