TSB's: Complete list of all TSBs & Recalls issued for 2007-up Patriot models - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM

How can anyone tell if their's have been up to date on this stuff, when bought used?

Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:02 PM

wow. i can finally read them. (dsl)

great info.

PURCHASED: 4/29/08
TRADED : 1/16/09
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Senior member/Jan09 POTM

Great site, great guys, thanks
Milou, with your precious information I was able to confront my dealer to the existence of the ESP / TSB. He was not aware, he's waiting for the french version and has to update his scan machine to version 9.03 to be able to run the ESP flash program. He's on version 5 presently. Will keep pushing...second oil change coming.

Any one knows how a dealer updates his hardware and software to be at most recent patches availability for his customers?

Why isn't he up to date? Using a old version program doesn't offer this TSB is what he realizes.

Told me there would be a recall. Will tell him not waiting for recall,

Want TSB 05-400-08 flashed in my patriot's computer as quick as possible.

will be back....

Jeep Patriot 2008 North Edition,
green exterior and pebble beige interior, 4x4, Freedom I, North special group, 5 speed manual transmission, full spare tire, 17'' aluminum wheels, 215 65 17 owl tires, fog lights, air deflectors, Jeep trailer pack (wiring harness + oil cooler), 2'' hitch receiver class III, mud guards, remote start, locking fuel cap.
Photos-album : http://www.pierregiroux.com/albumsph...ot%202008.html

post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpierre View Post
Any one knows how a dealer updates his hardware and software to be at most recent patches availability for his customers?

Why isn't he up to date? Using a old version program doesn't offer this TSB is what he realizes.

Told me there would be a recall. Will tell him not waiting for recall...
As far as I know there will not be a recall for this issue. Your dealer can easily download the latest scan software and the necessary flash files for this repair. Is there an alternate dealer that you can check with?
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 10:09 PM

Printing and going to the dealer to make sure that all are taken care of when i have free time soon.

'08 Pat Sport E 4x4 CVT2, Khaki, YES in pebble, BA Sound, Safety, Wheels, Heated Seats & Engine heater.
Added: DrawTite Class III hitch, factory tow harness w/ a power tap, black muffler mod.
Ordered 1-02-08
Delivered 2-05-08
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 PM

I have 1 question. Has anyone had the ESP off function done yet?
The light goes off on mine when I hit the button but no chime or display in the Odo. Does this actually mean that my esp is actually not off?
post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 PM

I got it done. Before, I could hold the button down as long as I want and all that'd happen is the partial ESP off, when the light comes on.

I took it in and they flashed it (And also made my horn stop honking when I use the key lock) now the when I hold the ESP button down, it'll chime and 'ESPOFF' shows up in the Odo, and it doesn't interrupt any driving at all.

Gettin good and muddy up north! Videos Of My Pat In Action.

2008 Patriot, FDI, North Ed, Manual 5spd, 4x4 Surf Blue, Wheel Tire package, Yes Essentials, Power Windows/Locks, Sirius Radio. Mods: Mud, More Mud
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 PM

Excellent! I will make my appointment tomorrow. Thanks for all the great info.
post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
Excellent! I will make my appointment tomorrow. Thanks for all the great info.
So I go down to the dealer today, TSB in hand an see what they have to say. First I told them about it and they said never heard of it. I explained the entire thing and they said well you would have to pay to have this done. I told I don't think so here it is the TSB have a read and when can I make my appointment. Got my appointment tomorrow morning and its free. Just goes to show you how useful the info is. the dealer will try to screw everychance they get it seems to me. Thanks so much to all who have posted stuff like this on here. Cudos to all! Thanks!
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM

I went out today and tried my ESP on my 2009 Patriot and it will not work the way you guys say it should.I'm going to take it in to get the oil changed and I will ask them to repair this also.
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
So I go down to the dealer today, TSB in hand an see what they have to say. First I told them about it and they said never heard of it. I explained the entire thing and they said well you would have to pay to have this done. I told I don't think so here it is the TSB have a read and when can I make my appointment. Got my appointment tomorrow morning and its free. Just goes to show you how useful the info is. the dealer will try to screw everychance they get it seems to me. Thanks so much to all who have posted stuff like this on here. Cudos to all! Thanks!
Just like I said earlier and somewhere else...if you go to the dealer armed with those TSB's, it eliminates any potential pissing match.
I had one service guy say, I shouldn't have those...I told him too bad..it seems I need to drive the whole process everytime Im in there anyway!!

It amazes me that the dealers sometimes don't step up to the plate and just fix this stuff when you flag it. Im convinced they cross charge it all back to Chrysler anyway.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Im convinced they cross charge it all back to Chrysler anyway. I agree 100% with that,if they can get away with doing that.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:59 AM

Next on the list is the lower control arm bolt for me. Gonna have the TSB in hand for that too. I don't think my dealer is gonna like me to much soon, but hey that is why I bought a new car eh!
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM

Went down and had the lower control arm bolt fixed yesterday. Took a couple of hours but I'm good to go.
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 10:41 PM

So I went down today to have the ESP reprogramed and its all done. Fought like hell TSB in hand and got it done for free. Almost came to blows but I was right and they know it. I went out of there with a smile on my face. I just can't belive how poor these guys treat people over stuff as simple as this. They argued back and forth that these TSB's shouldn't be in my possesion etc... What a Joke! Well I'm not done yet. Control arm bolts next on friday.
Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode