No Air Flow in the Interior - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Angry No Air Flow in the Interior

Hey Guys,

I notice there isn't any air flowing into the cabin unless I turn on my AC when I drive my jeep patriot 2008(closed air circulation not turned on). I placed in a brand new cabin filter a few weeks ago. I wasn't paying attention to the air flow before, but I know that when I drive my Toyota, with my AC off, there is always air flowing unless I turn on closed air circulation.
Is this normal?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 08:42 PM

Have a leak at the cabin sir filter. It's forward of the glove box

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesavo View Post
Have a leak at the cabin sir filter. It's forward of the glove box

Can you be a little bit more specific? I have the front groove box pulled down and turned on the AC, but I do not feel any leak in the area where the filter is installed. Then I removed the filter and put my hand in the area, it felt like the air is going through okay and no leak.
Is there anything else I can try?
I suspect that the air is not going into the car at all. Do you know where the intake is at?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:49 PM

If you it just as bad with the cabin sir filter pulled, it sounds like something else.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:54 PM

I think I miss read your initial post. I think there is no vent In thr Patriot.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesavo View Post
I think I miss read your initial post. I think there is no vent In thr Patriot.

Are you saying there is no fresh air intake for patriot 2008? The service manual describes the fresh air intake like it's a thing. I did look under the hood, I only saw the heater hose goes in and out of cabin. couldn't track down where the fresh air intake. That made me thinking you might be right. No wonder there isn't cabin filter installed at the beginning.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 10:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpan View Post
Hey Guys,

I notice there isn't any air flowing into the cabin unless I turn on my AC when I drive my jeep patriot 2008(closed air circulation not turned on). I placed in a brand new cabin filter a few weeks ago. I wasn't paying attention to the air flow before, but I know that when I drive my Toyota, with my AC off, there is always air flowing unless I turn on closed air circulation.
Is this normal?

Thanks
Yes, this is normal. Most FCA products of the era do not have flow-through air. I don't know if they're still made that way, but on both our Patriots and our Wrangler, off means off: you don't get outside air unless the fan is in some active position, either a/c, vent, heat, or defrost. If the fan is off there will be no air coming through the system.

Most GM products I've owned and some older Chrysler and Ford products give flow through air all the time. In fact it couldn't be turned off -- if it was moving, some air would be drifting through the system. Frankly I prefer the flow-through feature, but its not a big deal so far as I care; I just hate to be running my fan all the time when just the natural air-flow could give all I need.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 06:44 AM

Come to think if of it is. My Mercury mariner is the same way. Not venting at all.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Your Neighborhood 2WD Rep

That was my understanding too, no flow through air. I know the closed system is thought to be the cause of the "Patriot Whistle" coming from the valve that closes when the fan is set to off. I am pleasantly surprised that my new one doesn't do the whistle like my old one, but only time will tell.

CURRENT: '17 Patriot Sport SE 4x4
PAST: '12 Patriot FWD Altitude Edition

Mods- 7" Stubby Antenna, Mopar Cargo Organizer, X2 Green RockyMount Euro PitchFork Bike Mounts

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

The main reason I am asking is because my jeep has a loud noise when the AC motor is running. Pretty sure something is hitting the moving part or the moving part is grinding on something when it's running. I thought I can get away with it if I let the ambient air coming through the cabin. Doesn't look like an option anymore. Thanks for your helps. I would have thrown this car in my trash can if this site does not exist. Sun roof is leaking too...
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Sun roof is leaking too...
Patriot sunroofs are notorious leakers.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Not only that. ABS was bad a while ago. The whole unit costed about $1200. Pretty sure I am not the only one who has this problem. One day I should start a poll to see what people hate and like patriot the most
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 PM
Use the SEARCH feature

Quote:
Sun roof is leaking too...
Check the drain tubes. Easy, free fix for a leaky '08 Patriot

And this link too for a lot of helpful info Leaky MK moonroof - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 09:21 AM
Your Neighborhood 2WD Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
Patriot sunroofs are notorious leakers.
That is the reason I went with the Sport SE over the 75th Anniversary trim...I didn't want to gamble on the leaky roof. That design still baffles me when I see the pics of the drain tube.

CURRENT: '17 Patriot Sport SE 4x4
PAST: '12 Patriot FWD Altitude Edition

Mods- 7" Stubby Antenna, Mopar Cargo Organizer, X2 Green RockyMount Euro PitchFork Bike Mounts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode