Happy Father's Day! - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

1Likes
  • 1 Post By jack.allwardt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Happy Father's Day!

And, of course to we grandfathers, great grandfathers, et. al....

It's a good day to play/work on the old ride!
XJMJeep likes this.

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; "recovering Californian"; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:23 AM
Use the SEARCH feature

Thanks, same to you Jack, and the rest of our Jeeper Fathers!

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:42 PM

Garage
Thanks for the reminder, Jack. I miss my Father. He was a good man. Gone almost 3 years now.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
Thanks for the reminder, Jack. I miss my Father. He was a good man. Gone almost 3 years now.
Yeah, me too! Mine's been gone for nearly 30 years and if still alive would be 108, still dispensing humorous wisdom with a straight face. I remember when I was 5 or 6, my aunt liked to clam, and we went to the coast to clam and we stopped at a little market, my dad gave me a few dollars and asked me to "get some shells for the clam gun". I didn't know enough to ask what caliber, but later found out a clam gun was a specially shaped shovel to going after WA state's goey-duck clams, those that can dig quite fast.

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; "recovering Californian"; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.allwardt View Post
Yeah, me too! Mine's been gone for nearly 30 years and if still alive would be 108, still dispensing humorous wisdom with a straight face. I remember when I was 5 or 6, my aunt liked to clam, and we went to the coast to clam and we stopped at a little market, my dad gave me a few dollars and asked me to "get some shells for the clam gun". I didn't know enough to ask what caliber, but later found out a clam gun was a specially shaped shovel to going after WA state's goey-duck clams, those that can dig quite fast.
Your Dad had a dozen years on mine -- he'd be 91 now.

As for those goey-ducks, I'd never heard of them until my Sister moved out there and dated a guy who claimed to make a living digging them. Kinda like quahogs around here? Quahogs are large compared to the little-neck clams and much tougher but not nearly the size of a goey-duck. From a rowboat we'd rake them up off the harbor floor with a long-handled rake/basket we called a clam rake. They make a delicious chowder and there is a cottage industry polishing their purple shells for jewelry. My Dad had an avocation doing both the chowder and the jewelry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode