In Need of Ideas for A/C??? - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

2Likes
  • 1 Post By festerw
  • 1 Post By breadtruck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Angry In Need of Ideas for A/C???

I have posted this before but couldn't remember sign on info. so I apologize for repeating...

I purchased a 2017 Patriot sport 2wd 2.0l 5 speed manual however, no A/C! I was told it had it when we first looked at it, long story short I cannot trade in and get different package. The car lot and manager did a great job with getting me the other model but due to high interest (bad credit) I couldn't get it switched out.... Now I live in Idaho and temperatures are rising and it's miserable to drive. I've been looking online but so many portable units. Please someone out there has to be in the same Patriot (boat)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:54 AM

Sell it. Adding A/C after the fact would cost a couple of thousand bucks (a few hundred for the parts, the rest is all labor.

Figure out how much you can sell it for private party, save up a few bucks for a CHEAP used car that has A/C that you can pay cash for (~$2000 or so). then save up the difference between what you owe, and what its worth, and then sell it and pay the difference.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

No, thanks I want idea for keeping current car. I bought brand new I don't want a used car. Not an option. Thanks

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 07:55 PM

Your easiest option would be to piece together all the factory pieces, install them yourself and get a shop to charge it. There is no guarantee all of the wiring is there though or that if it is the computer can be programmed to make it work.

Most aftermarket systems will require more underhood and dash room than the Patriot has.

Neither option is easy or cheap.

If it was me I'd just suck it up and roll the windows down.
breadtruck likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:04 PM

You may want to make a list of the parts you need, and start visiting junk yards. There are cars in junk yards with the parts, many of them can be used. It might mean several visits to different yards.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Use the SEARCH feature

This might be easier and more affordable

In all seriousness, this isnt going to be cheap to do. Your Patriot wouldnt have anything that the OEM system needs and aftermarket is going to require just as much, if not more, work.

Drink cool liquids and keep the windows down and air flowing would be my honest suggestion.
kramer likes this.

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!

Last edited by breadtruck; 05-17-2017 at 07:13 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadtruck View Post
This might be easier and more affordable

Lmfao......🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 08:12 AM

Garage
HILLPPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmans23 View Post
I have posted this before but couldn't remember sign on info. so I apologize for repeating...

I purchased a 2017 Patriot sport 2wd 2.0l 5 speed manual however, no A/C! I was told it had it when we first looked at it, long story short I cannot trade in and get different package. The car lot and manager did a great job with getting me the other model but due to high interest (bad credit) I couldn't get it switched out.... Now I live in Idaho and temperatures are rising and it's miserable to drive. I've been looking online but so many portable units. Please someone out there has to be in the same Patriot (boat)?
I feel ya , I lived in central Pa and moved to south east Va .
I was getting married and the wife said ! Get a comfortable car we are getting married in Fulton Ny and we have some long trips to take ! So I bought a 1993 jeep wrangler soft top all black NO AC
and need I say more ? Yes I still hear it . Do the junk yard shop
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
How opposed are you to replacing one of the rear windows with an AC unit? The kind that sticks out a house window?

Trekkie, trucker, Jeeper, potential racer. Don't touch my trumpets.
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8IEyCO1o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode