Automatic Locks - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Automatic Locks

Anyone have a guide on how to install automatic locks? I bought a kit on Amazon and needed some details. Not too sure how to wire the relay module to the fuse box. I'd rather do that then wire it directly to the battery. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:35 AM

The kit that you bought should come with some instructions, no? Or perhaps you could look into the company you bought it from to get some good instructionals. Other than that, perhaps Google might turn up some good videos or DIY websites that can help you with the issue. Good luck!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:13 PM
Use the SEARCH feature

I dont know i anyone has done it, but definitely post your findings and how-to here in case someone else is looking!

Truckin' the bread all over your @$$!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:07 AM

If the instructions indicate getting power directly from the battery, then there might be a reason for it.

Only thing i can think of is the amperage required might exceed the fuse panel capability.
If thats the case, not saying it is for sure then it could be a fire hazard.

If you decide to run a power wire directly to the battery;
make sure you use a heavy enough gauge wire or the wire that came with the kit,
shield the wire with wire shields found at any auto parts store,
run the wire out of the way of any moving parts and hot spots that could melt the wire insulation and shield,
zip tie the wire so it is secure and doesn't flop around preferable along the firewall and fenders,
AND MOST IMPORTANT, place the inline fuse/holder as near the (+) battery post as possible and is clearly out of the way of the chassis, engine, etc.

Good Luck, done similar (not power locks) a bunch of times.

2014 Patriot Latitude 4X4 | 2000 Jeep XJ | 2016 Ford F150 XLT | 2005 Dodge Neon
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 11:45 AM

Garage
I think you may be talking about power door locks, Automatic would require interfacing with the Vehicle computer. A lot of people have done the door lock kits. there is a pretty good how to guide here on the site. search for HOW TO: Installing aftermarket power door locks I followed the instructions and it worked for me. Also note the reason for the hot wire from the battery is so the unit will stay live waiting for the unlock command. the patriot turns off a lot of its circuits if it senses that current is flowing to keep the battery from running down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode