Service Manuals Available on EBAY - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Service Manuals Available on EBAY

In answering another thread, I now see that downloadable factory service manuals are available on EBAY for under $20!!! CD's can be ordered also.

If someone orders one, please report back on your purchase.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...anual&_sacat=0

2014 Sport, 2wd, 2.4L, 6 speed tranny, Winter Chill

Last edited by Treegrower; 02-01-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Crap, was hoping not to be the guinea pig, but figured what the heck. I downloaded the manual from manualjoy. When I first opened it, it starts with this:

Examples used in this article are general in nature and do
not necessarily relate to a specific engine or system.

I got a little hot under the collar thinking it was just generic rebuild advice, but in fact it's basic enginework and troubleshooting which precedes the vehicle specific items. I used your post on torque values and found they matched what's in this manual on page 29. It also covers the variety of engines we have, the 2.4L starts on page 424. The fuse info matches what others have mentioned - the abs fuses are 34(antilock brake valve) and 35(antilock brake pump). A little confusion in that the page numbers restart at certain points and there doesn't appear to be an index or table of contents, but the actual content seems valid so I'm happy with what I picked up. Some interesting facts gleaned so far: the 2.4L motor is not freewheeling and on manual transmission models the brake and clutch fluid is shared, 1st vehicle I've had like that. Thanks for the tip treegrower!

2016 Patriot Sport, 5 speed manual, 4x4.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 AM

I don't know if you got the same version I got, but I also was a bit disappointed that there was no index or table of contents. After a couple of days playing around with it, I discovered that if I activated the view bookmarks option, there is a table of contents of sort set out in bookmark form. (I'm talking a .pdf file here)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Excellent feedback.

I have the Chrysler Tech. Authority Service Manual CD, ordered through the Canadian source for about $40 cheaper than the U.S. source. It is not as good as the previous ones I had for my Caravans. It advertises that is has some wiring info in the diagnostic sections, but NOT the full blown wiring diagrams of past manuals. It does have a navigable index at the beginning, but it is a bit cumbersome and sometimes you have to dig a bit to figure out which section certain information is covered in. The old ones used to have a complete "book like" index in the back that simplified searches.

But, the information is there for the finding. I have found some discrepancies. For instance, changing the 6 speed auto tranny fluid is only covered by the "dipstick method". The same tranny in Hyundai or Kia manuals use the "dribble out the fill level plug" method to establish proper fill. I believe they give two different torques for oil pan bolt: 20 ft. lb. vs 30 ft. lb.. No biggy.

Often times there are work arounds for "book method" procedures, i.e. the heater core in a Ford Taurus can be replaced without removing the entire dashboard as recommended in a service manual.

I love having a service manual and it usually pays itself off the first time used.

2014 Sport, 2wd, 2.4L, 6 speed tranny, Winter Chill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode