Jeep Patriot* Is TTACís 2016 Worst Automobile Today - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Jeep Patriot* Is TTACís 2016 Worst Automobile Today

Quote:
Itís a Dodge Caliber festooned with a seven slot grille and boxy proportions. It exists for no other reason than to leverage the brand equity built up by decades of Jeep heritage. The Patriot*, according to your nominations, our writers, and your votes is ó by far ó TTACís 2016 Worst Automobile Today.
These Are TTAC's 2016 Ten Worst Automobiles Today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 AM

Its nice to win something every now and then. To win it "by far" is usually a good thing too.
nth256 and vegas34 like this.
post #3 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 08:39 AM

I've been wanting to get a patriot but I see things like this and that the patriot isn't that great.
But how reliable has yours been?
how many miles do you have on it and what work did you need to get done or any normal wear and tear services. would you still recommend a patriot.

post #4 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 09:46 AM

I only have 11,000 miles on mine. Its been great so far and the 4x4 has worked really well too.
post #5 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 09:47 AM

cool, thanks for your input
post #6 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 10:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec
all for constructive criticism,
but article doesnt state why,
when i purchased my 07, i paid $21k for FDII 4x4, it suited me for what i intended perfectly, daily driver with some offroading
there was no other 4x4 in the price range at the time, nearest 4x4 was +$25k

as for the criticism of x6 m
design of sloping back is more of personal preferance than anything else
i wouldnt use such to put it on a worst list when it has a 567hp v8
guess they prefer the 1.4 ltr engines other cars are using,
post #7 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:08 PM

I would like to hear their warrants. Whether an article praises or disses a product, I always like to hear their reasoning..

Street Yuppie That Ain't Afraid To Kick It Into 4 Wheel

MODS: Black Billet 14" Antenna, Plasti-Dipped Emblems, Tinted Windows, Red LED Dome Lights, Draw Tite Class III/IV Receiver Hitch, Rugged Ridge Floor Mats, Alpine/JL Audio Build (Pushing 1500W RMS to 11 speakers running off of 2 batteries)

Keeping it a REAL JEEP since 11/9/15: Pro Comp 7032 16x8 Wheels, 225/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, RRO 2 1/8" lift kit.
post #8 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:13 PM

from reading it, they did a survey. I wonder how many people questioned actually owned/drove the car?

I think that a 4x4 patriot holds by far the best value for money of any other 4x4/awd car out there.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
post #9 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:41 PM

Jeeps are unrefined period. I bought a bare bones Compass with 6at and I have no regrets. TTAC gets paid by auto companies to slander cars like the Mks. What vehicle out there used resells faster than the MKs. None. Patriot was awarded a while back as fastest vehicle resold in the USA. I think it was 24 day average time in lots which is fast.
post #10 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 04:43 PM

Exactly why I bought a Patriot. It is unrefined compared to the competition. I like the retro look and the simplicity. Others, including auto journalists, put more value on infotainment systems and numerous driver's aids to protect them while they play with their smart phones. Also, these reviews invariably focus on automatic/cvt owners (which are the vast majority) so they don't influence my purchases. Driving a manual is a completely different experience.
post #11 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
I've been wanting to get a patriot but I see things like this and that the patriot isn't that great.
how many miles do you have on it and what work did you need to get done or any normal wear and tear services. would you still recommend a patriot.
I researched SUVs nearly 2 years before my spring 2013 (LOL, 2014 model year) purchase....waited for the 6 speed auto to come out.
In my own mind, I debunked the magazine trash talk. At 40,000 miles I have no buyer's remorse, and my debt free life is kind of nice. When crossing the Canadian border, reaching back to UNROLL the back window, the guard's chuckle "they still make roll down windows?" gave me immense pleasure.

LOL, I might have to get out my bell bottom jeans to elicit even more gawks while driving my Pat. That article pleases my eccentric ways. I'm so delighted!

I guess we can all laugh on our way to the bank. If you can manage to read (between the lines) all of the article's comments, the truth about the Patriot AND it's haters is very obvious: The "new" Patriot is a decent vehicle considering its price, not to be judged on its initial crappiness. The haters hate anything not "in" - end of story.

Igster, you ROCK! Thanks for this gem!

Last edited by Treegrower; 06-02-2016 at 05:30 PM.
post #12 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Add the fact that Nathan from TTAC or TFL actually likes the AWD 6at Patriot. He gave it a lease before you buy rating. I like the 2.4 FWD 6at. It gets a true 30 mpg on the highway going 65-70 with kids and luggage. I also like crank windows if it's raining you don't need the keys to close it up.
post #13 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Garage
That review is nothing more than a cynical writer looking for a place to vent some clever snarlies. That's why there are no facts to back it up. I wonder if that writer has a vehicle that can go 200,000 trouble-free miles? I doubt it.

The Jeep Patriot is likely the best buy on the market today. Its not hard to spend twice as much and get something that's almost as good.
John Smeton and jonkat44 like this.
post #14 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
Reliability isn't really the issue, the Patriot is consistently ranked one of Chrysler's most reliable vehicles, but the reviewers always complain that they are "outdated" (I personally think this is a plus, I hate most of the electronic crap they are putting in many newer vehicles), the "utilitarian" interior (still much improved from earlier models, and again I think is a plus, may not be as "fancy" as competitors, but holds up well), the handling (they're comparing it to crossovers with 2-3" less ground clearance and nothing resembling off-road ability), and it's general "cheapness" (it is a cheap vehicle after all, you shouldn't expect a "luxury car" level of refinement in this price range).
post #15 of 122 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

I knew the drones would follow and come up with all the reasons why the article is wrong. You didn't let me down guys. So expected...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode