Heater/AC has stopped working - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Heater/AC has stopped working

Good Morning,

I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot. One day the AC just stooped working. The knob that controls the AC/Heat is turning very hard. And now I the fan won't blow any AC or heat. I'm still getting heat, the blower just isn't pushing the heat through. I don't have $100 to take to the dealership to have them diagnose the problem. Can anyone help me? Also, I was told that my lower control arms needed to be replaced. I was told I can't get a wheel alignment until that happens. Is this true???

Thanks for the assistance and advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 07:38 AM

Send a message via MSN to todde702
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the troubles your Patriot is having, there are a few things you can check. First would be to check the fuse for the blower fan under the hood. After that, you're going to need some test lights and such.

The fan is located on the passenger side front seat, beneath the glove box and to the left of the fan is the blower motor resistor. The resistors have been known to rust and go bad. It's held in by two small screws and is fairly easy to remove, check and replace if need be.

Here's a thread dealing with the resistor: Ventilation Fan Problem, Has anyone had This Happen?

-Todd
08 Sport 4x4 FDI Silver, CRD Stu's Coil Springs, Mud Flaps, Weathertech vent shades, TAG Rear Bumper
Carr Lightwing, Pilot Navigator Driving Lights, K&N Air Filter and a jp.com decal

Quote:
"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
- William Shakespeare

"I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
- Anonymous
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 08:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bakingnurse View Post
Good Morning,

I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot. One day the AC just stooped working. The knob that controls the AC/Heat is turning very hard. And now I the fan won't blow any AC or heat. I'm still getting heat, the blower just isn't pushing the heat through. I don't have $100 to take to the dealership to have them diagnose the problem. Can anyone help me? Also, I was told that my lower control arms needed to be replaced. I was told I can't get a wheel alignment until that happens. Is this true???

Thanks for the assistance and advice

for the AC fan not blowing, follow Todde's post,
for the alignment/control arm,
if you need to replace the control arm, will need an alignment after, so no point paying for alignment beforehand.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 AM

Garage
How many miles on your Patriot?

You can go fast, but I can go anywhere
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 08:07 PM

Ac not blowing cold

Kindly help, ac is not blowing cold, mecanique said compressor is ok and there is freon, whta is theproblem then?
Thank you Gie
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 07:14 PM

AC not working

2010 Patriot - Ok - AC starting doing the "floorboards wet" issue - soaked the passenger side and hot water drip on driver side. I read about cleaning out the tube under the dash. Before I could get it done the AC stopped working - fan does not blow at all. I cleaned out the hose - replaced the fuse - and replaced the resistor. Nothing worked...is my next step to replace the actual blower motor? Is there anything else to try? Where can I find guidance on switching it out? Sign - I was so hoping the fixes I mentioned would work especially when I saw how badly the resistor was rusted. I live in Florida and not having the AC is a killer! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode