For Fun: Best Patriot Mods for under $100 - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Jeep Patriot General Discussion General discussion for the Jeep Patriot

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered Rockford Fosgate R193 6x9 Speakers thru Crutchfield's.

I see on mine the speaker grill and part of the door plastic pulls up from the bottom.

I do have to say the one thing I saw as a weak point after I pickep up the Jeep was the sound system - so looking forward to see how the speaker swap will impact sound.

As a guitarist I can say from experience just a speaker swap can make a really big difference in a guitar amp.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 02:48 PM
Your Neighborhood 2WD Rep

im sure youll love them! it seems to be like 75% of the people who upgrade theirs choose the R193s

PAST: '12 Patriot 4X2 Altitude Edition

Mods- Rugged Ridge Mats, Mopar Utility Bars, Mopar Bug Deflector, Custom Rear Seat Back Protectors, Mopar Cargo Tray, 7" Stubby Antenna, Rockford Fosgate Prime Audio Upgrade, Mopar Cargo Organizer, DC Sports Black Powdercoated Exhaust Tip, X2 Green RockyMount Euro PitchFork Bike Mounts, K&N Air Filter, Custom Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Trim, Mopar Hitch, Hitch Mount Bike Carrier

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Banned

A class 3 Curt trailer hitch can be purchased on Amazon for $99. I'm going to order mine soon for our holiday travels...have to also get a rear hitch mounted cargo carrier (~$80).

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Speaking of towing. Mine is 4x4 with no extra towing package. I asked my sales guy stock towing capacity and he said 1,500 lbs, but somewhere I thought I saw 1,000 lbs. So what gives.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 09:48 PM
TJM

1,000 without oil cooler. Goes up to 2000 with oil cooler. I think you could safely tow 1500 without oil cooler as long as it wasn't an everyday thing.

2014 Patriot
Mineral Gray, 2.4, FWD, 6 spd auto, A/C, Tire and Wheel package, Power value group, Jeep Mud Flaps, Mopar tow package, 14" black antenna, K&n filter, AVS vent visors, RUgged Ridge floor and cargo mats, Mopar sport utility cross bars
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 02:44 AM
Mopar or no car!!!

Rear cargo net!! Under $30 I believe, and it holds your stuff down and keeps it from rolling around in the back. Attaches to the D-rings in the rear hatch area.

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited, 2WD, CVT, 2.4L, uConnect230 --- K&N filter, Curt Class III Hitch w/ Spare Bumper, Mopar Oil Cooler, Cooper AT3 225/70/16, Boston Acoustics 6x9", JBL Tweeters, GTMat, Kicker Hideaway 8", Viper 2-way Alarm, Fiamm FWY Blaster Horn, Cobra DX19IV CB Radio, 20% Front Tint, 5% Rear Tint, Rugged Ridge mats, Splash Guards, Philips Xtreme Headlights, DD XML2 Fog Lights 5000k, Optima Red Top, Front Tow Hooks, JEEPPATRIOT.COM sticker
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 AM

SteveReject - can you post a pic of the net set up?
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec
after you spend the $100 on the hitch
another addition i recommend is a hitch step,
helps protect the bumper from minor dings and scratches
also helps accessing that $100 roof basket.

another $100 mod would be a CB radio ,
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Mopar or no car!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amm24dmb View Post
SteveReject - can you post a pic of the net set up?
I checked my files and I don't have a photo of mine in my Jeep. However this is what it looks like. I found mine on Ebay or Amazon for under $30 shipped.

2013 Jeep Patriot Limited, 2WD, CVT, 2.4L, uConnect230 --- K&N filter, Curt Class III Hitch w/ Spare Bumper, Mopar Oil Cooler, Cooper AT3 225/70/16, Boston Acoustics 6x9", JBL Tweeters, GTMat, Kicker Hideaway 8", Viper 2-way Alarm, Fiamm FWY Blaster Horn, Cobra DX19IV CB Radio, 20% Front Tint, 5% Rear Tint, Rugged Ridge mats, Splash Guards, Philips Xtreme Headlights, DD XML2 Fog Lights 5000k, Optima Red Top, Front Tow Hooks, JEEPPATRIOT.COM sticker
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Well the K&N Air Filter came this afternoon. I had it in under 1 hour. The 2 screws on the air box by the firewall are the hardest part.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Mopar or no car!!!

With the right sized ratchet set or screw driver it's a piece of cake! That was one of my very first modifications!

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

I did use a socket w/ phillips attachment. I'm not sure I'd say piece of cake - but I've seen worse. Like I say - under an hour - probably closer to 30-40 minutes.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:55 PM

Fire Extinguisher and a Tire Plug Kit, Towstrap too.

Yes, the economy has gotten better....
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:43 PM

Thanks for this forum post. I know it's a bit older, but super beneficial for me! Lots of these items are on my to-do list now! Going to buy a few a month till i get into the more expensive upgrades.

It's been a minute since the last post...anything new?

Air filter is first
Any other cheaper engine bay upgrades out there?

Also - does anyone have the interior accents painted (or a link to buy already painted accents?) I'm thinking about accenting all the chrome with some blue as well. Being new to the forum, I'm still learning the navigation. (cannot even find photos of peoples rides yet on their profiles.)
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 09:35 PM

Garage
I was thinking of painting my wheels red (body color), maybe leaving some silver or adding some black for accent. I won't do it till spring when the winter weather is over. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode