Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Best cabin air filter

8K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Hamm 
#1 ·
Whats the best one you found - or all the same :nerd:

#2 ·
There are ones with carbon/charcoal (activated carbon). Get one like this: http://amzn.to/2oMxu6p

It cuts down on smells, especially outside smells, I didn't own my patriot long enough to have to change it, but I have in other cars, and the difference when driving past a dead skunk on the highway is huge.

#3 ·
Forget dead road kill! After living in the dairy capital of the world (Tulare county, CA--just south of Fresno...) you can't drive a couple of miles in any direction without passing a dairy, and you can figure out the rest--so, YES, get the carbon activated filter.

#5 ·
Ha, I live in the dairy state so yes I know what you mean :) I replace my vehicles cabin filters every year and I was wondering if there was a better brand and why it was better than the charcoal ones we have been using. I also have a giant egg farm, turkey processing plant, among the other rural smells every day on my commute - so a good filter is a must.

#6 ·
I have never had to replace a cabin air filter.. since the Pat I bought is about 10 years old, and I'm not sure if they EVER changed it... This might be ordered today!! I live in eastern NC, so surrounded by chicken/turkey and pig farms & plants. EVERYWHERE. :eek:

#9 ·
Replaced mine before summer and the old one was a charcoal filter and was moldy!
Replaced it with a nice clean paper white filter and all is good :)

#12 ·
I bought the K&N cabin filter after getting the motor air filter of the same brand a while back. My last OEM one was shot after some freelance investigation up close to the Soberanes fire on the Monterey Peninsula, but as soon as I switched it out the cabin lost the forest fire smell. The K&N is washable like the others they make, but I havent had to clean it yet after 2 years. Still fresh as a daisy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.