knoxville devilhead trip this weekend - Jeep Patriot Forums
Meet & Greets / Trail Runs Set up meets/trail runs or announce events.
Meet fellow members and get to know the face behind the keyboard.
Also see our Regional Forums for local get-togethers!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
knoxville devilhead trip this weekend

planning on hitting knoxville this weekend in napa, ca. anyone been out there? did a quick search and didn't turn up anything. it'll probably be muddy due to some rain between then and now, but should be fun. i think it's blm land so we'll probably camp wherever! ive got a 2011 sport FDI 4x4 cvt with the rro lift, geolanders, front tow hooks and a rear tow hitch, so if we get stuck, hopefully a wrangler hero will turn up to rescue us. got the suv tent last month which we'll test out as well. wondering if i should get my own towstrap (don't have a winch), hilift, or boards? also wondering how much to deflate my tires. went to carnegie a couple weeks ago and ran through some juicy mud pits without issue apart from some underbody caking that came right off in the carwash. deflated them a bit but the tire pressure light hasn't come on yet.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails...devilhead-road
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:23 PM

Hey man,

Would definitely get a snatch strap of your own, you shouldn't expect others to use their stuff to pull you out.

Maxtrax or treds or recovery boards are also a good idea, the ability to self recover is the most important thing.

As for deflating and driving through mud etc, I would go to 18psi and adjust accordingly from there.

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 FDI.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thanks BLKJ33P!

2011 Silver Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L 4x4 FDI, Geolandar A/T/S, Hidden Hitch Class III

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
had a great time! accidentally got a dead battery in the morning, but found some kids with a truck to give me a jump start. the patriot did great with some pretty messy terrain. mud, ruts, rocks, climbs! my girlfriend didn't love all the bumps, but we got through it!

2011 Silver Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L 4x4 FDI, Geolandar A/T/S, Hidden Hitch Class III
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbogie View Post
the patriot did great with some pretty messy terrain. mud, ruts, rocks, climbs!

How much of the trail did you really need 4x4? I was looking into taking this trail but i have a 4x2 Patriot, but I have decent tires. Were there enough routes to take that were less 4x4 demanding? I would obviously avoid anything that common sense tells me to when it comes to attempting something I shouldn't.

I would feel a lot better doing it if i had recovery points like tow hooks front and back, or traction mats, but is this trail doable for 4x2?

2017 Jeep Patriot 2.0 Sport w/ CVT. 17" OEM gloss black wrapped in Yoko G015 225/65/17, Mopar front/rear mudflaps, LED interior/exterior bulb swap, black headlight + grill trim, 35% tint front windows + 5% windshield strip, Optima D34 yellow top, Weathertech in-channel window air deflectors & floor liners front + rear + cargo, K&N air filter swap, plastidiped emblems, Mopar hood wind deflector, sill guard protection, stubby antenna, tinted taillights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode