Jeep Patriot Forums banner

New the Jeep fam

715 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Drummernick 
#1 ·
How's it going everybody, sorry for the lengthy background but I'm a fairly new owner to a 2016 Jeep Patriot 4x4 it's not a top of line like some of you guys have as I could only afford a base model but I love it! I purchased back in November and did great in the NW parts of New York winters. Now that winter is over and it's nice out I'm trying to make it more practical for my self but on a slight budget.I'm in a band and do a lot of festival shows that being said I'm off road some of the time and usually in mud scenarios.

So I'm looking at upgrading tires and wheels now and go from there. Currently i have the stock 205/70/r16 eagles with 6.5 stock steelies I've done a couple days worth of info and have seen some tires and combos but still not sure what will fit and what won't. I'd prefer not to lift or mod anything (pinch weld mod if I absolutely need to)

Let me to the questions the wheels I've been looking ans seem to all be 8.00 inches wide.. can i go from 6.5 to 8.00 without problems? Everything else seems goodright bolt and back spacing, radius, 0 offset etc
Than it leads to the tire I would love the ko2's but 235/70/r16 seems a little wide but can I fit a 225/70/r16 on an 8inch wide tire that seems a little narrow.
Are there sizes that would work and I just don't know about them? I'll take any suggestions and ideas I can get!

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum!

No apologies needed for a bare-bones Jeep. Its a Jeep. Its supposed to be bare bones. Its a utility vehicle. I still miss my old Wrangler with the table model radio on the front seat plugged into an a/c converter in the lighter port. Both our Patriots are about as basic as they come. Wind-down windows, manual locks, vinyl seats, and so on. The way I see it there's less stuff to break.

There are several threads on here about tire sizes, what fits and what doesn't, etc. Dare I say too many! Seems that's the first question every new owner has. Try using the search bar at the upper right of the page, extreme right end of the green bar. That should lead you to several informative threads.

Right now I'm running 225/75-16s on my '08 Patriot. They have a slight rub when I turn sharp while backing, but otherwise OK. Newer years such as your typically ride an inch higher than the earlier years and that may make this size fit better on yours. Any bigger than that you'll likely need to install a lift. You can find info about that all over this site.

Again welcome!

#4 ·
Awesome thanks a ton guys for the help and warm welcomes I have searched and searched the tire and suspension and seen some great combos but there are so many mixed answers as to what fits and what doesn't.
So I've decided to play it safe and gonna try some crager wheels 16×7's and debating between ko2's and general gabbers at2 225/65/r16 I feel those are safe numbers to play around with without modding my car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.