Jeep Patriot Forums banner

new jeep owner

664 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  bwpakk 
#1 ·
so just purchased my first new car in over a decade (rebates were the reason) and it was a Jeep Patriot.
17" wheels, leather interior, remote start, heated seats...only worry was the 2.0 engine, but it seems to be just fine especially better performance if using in the 'shift' mode. Looking forward to many years of happiness with this vehicle!

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your Patriot. It should serve you well. You were lucky to get one while they're still available.

Indeed the 2.0 is a modest power plant for a vehicle this size, but my Wife has a Patriot 2.0 / 5-spd and its basically fine and delivers excellent fuel economy. In mountainous terrain I do a lot of downshifting, but it normally stays in the southeastern part of the state where the highways are good and the hills are gentle and rolling.

Really, the 2.0 is the 2.4 with cylinder sleeves to reduce the bore so presuming other components are the same, your 2.0 should be even more durable. Don't stress it and don't lug it -- you should be fine.

#4 ·
so just purchased my first new car in over a decade (rebates were the reason) and it was a Jeep Patriot.

17" wheels, leather interior, remote start, heated seats...only worry was the 2.0 engine, but it seems to be just fine especially better performance if using in the 'shift' mode. Looking forward to many years of happiness with this vehicle!

Welcome to the Patriot family
U gotta start upgrading asap, lol jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.