Jeep Patriot Forums banner

NEW GUY

796 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RossoRacer 
#1 ·
Hey y'all new to the forum but not new to the Patriot. I've had my 2013 Latitude FD1 for a little over a year and now that the warranty is up I sure plan on putting a RR lift and some bigger tires on the stock wheels. I have been looking over some posts about the RR lift and tires and hopefully will be making those changes to mine soon, of course with the added pictures although it wont look much different from all the ones I have seen on here lol. Oh to add to this post I am from Northern Florida, so close to the Georgia and Alabama lines that it could be considered Southern Georgia or Eastern Alabama. Sure hope to learn a lot from you good folks that have had your Patriots a long time.

Thanks for your time,

#3 ·
Welcome!!! Plenty of ways to make it different, just need to be creative, and try to not overdo copying what others have done. Lift and KO2's is one thing, blacking out/badge mods/angry eyes are all cliche, haha. Originality is key if you really want your ride to stand out.

#5 ·
Thanks guys, right now my only objective is to lift it and put AT tires on the stock 17s. There's not too terribly much off-roading over here just a few mud holes and all, and I would like to be able to do that without having to worry about getting stuck with the street treads lol.

#6 ·
BFG KO2's are a pretty safe bet, they work in almost any terrain. Little bit heavy like BFG AT's are, so your mpg will take a slight hit, but alot of people use them on everything from the Patriot to the FJ Cruiser to the Silverado to the Wrangler Rubicon, and they work. 225-65-17 is the largest surefire fit of any tire type, will require a speedometer retune from an independent shop but is also a known success.

#7 ·
Also, if you're running CVT(since yours is a 2013, if it has two pedals it's got a CVT), an aux trans cooler is a wise option, as is a trans fluid flush and filter replace every 50k miles or less. Requires some TLC, but incredibly easy to have some fun with such a trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.