New to you..... - Jeep Patriot Forums
Newbie Check-In First Post? Make your big introduction here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New to you.....

me that is!

Hiya folks.

I've been perusing this site for a couple of months now in my search for information as my mind wandered to purchasing a Patriot.

I finally found one after quite a search and picked up a 2015 High Altitude with about 10,000 miles on it.

After most of my grown up life owning an SUV of some form including a brand new Liberty and brand new Grand Cherokee I changed direction as my career changed and drove a sweet BMW sedan for the last five years.

But, you can take the guy out of the truck but not the other way around and being the handyman, landscaper and an avid DIYer found myself hauling dogs, mulch, garden furniture and carpets in and on the Bimmer. So not cool.

So, with thoughts of downsizing my life a bit but still jonesing for another Jeep I put my sights on a Patriot and am really glad I did so.

Already some light exterior and interior mods going on with a growing list of mods to come.

I am looking forward to taking it out for some easy wheeling since I need this rig to get to work and such.

And I look forward to gaining more knowledge and acquaintances right here on the net.

A single picture in my garage for now from day two of ownership with plenty more to come.

See ya around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 01:11 AM

Welcome aboard!

What changes have you made thus far?

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 FDI.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 11:56 AM

Hi Bigpix, welcome!

15" Ravine Rims, 235/75/15 Duratracs, CRDSTU coils, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Airbox Baffle Mod., Midland 822 CB w/ 2' Firestik II, Weathertec floor liners.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Unsponsored Baja racer

Garage
Nice to see ya figured it out!!! Welcome to the forums!!!

Trekkie, trucker, Jeeper, potential racer. Don't touch my trumpets.
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, that all who believe in him might not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOb8IEyCO1o
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpix View Post
A single picture in my garage for now from day two of ownership with plenty more to come.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of helpful folks on here. I'll look forward to seeing the photo(s).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
howdy,

Not much so far aside from putting in some WeatherTech floor mats, not the floor trays. I can't justify that added cost and these after proper trimming are pretty much spot on front and back.

I installed an old pair of Thule crossrails after i figured out how to remove the factory rails to get the brackets around them but, being old school, square, there is way too much buffeting and wind noise so they are off as soon as the pair of OE like rails show up this weekend.

Also have an AntennaX 7" billet antenna on the way too.

Need to get a liner for the cargo area then figure out what's next to get too once the weather warms up.

Definitely have new sneakers in mind too.

Those wheel wells sure look huge with stock rubber.

Thanks for the welcome.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 06:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpix View Post
I installed an old pair of Thule crossrails after i figured out how to remove the factory rails to get the brackets around them but, being old school, square, there is way too much buffeting and wind noise so they are off as soon as the pair of OE like rails show up this weekend.
When I installed my crossbars the instructions specifically stated that there would be wind noise if the front crossbar was in the foremost position. I don't know if the Thules will have the same problem. You may not notice this time of year until it gets warmer and you start riding with the windows down.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
When I installed my crossbars the instructions specifically stated that there would be wind noise if the front crossbar was in the foremost position. I don't know if the Thules will have the same problem. You may not notice this time of year until it gets warmer and you start riding with the windows down.
These big, old, square Thule bars are notoriously noisy.

When I had them on my GC and Liberty they were usually wrapped in pool noodles which kept them quiet as well as made it easier to find the vehicle in large parking lots.

These still had the yellow noodles on them but I opted for a more classy look for now.

So, hopefully these new aero styled bars coming soon will do the trick and keep things quiet.

If not, they go back and the yellow noodles will be installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode