New here - Jeep Patriot Forums
Newbie Check-In First Post? Make your big introduction here.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeep16Riot
  • 1 Post By Ignatz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

New here

Just bought a 2016 Patriot Sport with the 2.4l. Manual everything. Love it just getting used to the clutch. Most sensitive one I've ever had lol. Had a 99 Cherokee for a little before my last car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160825_020234_1472253121796.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	67961  
RossoRacer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 08:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep16Riot View Post
Just bought a 2016 Patriot Sport with the 2.4l. Manual everything. Love it just getting used to the clutch. Most sensitive one I've ever had lol. Had a 99 Cherokee for a little before my last car.
Welcome to the forum! I can appreciate having manual everything. Its a Jeep, right?
We've got 3 Jeeps in our stable, two with manual gearboxes, and all have wind-up windows and manual door locks, etc. No bells or whistles anywhere.

Now about your transmission . . .
I think my Wife's Patriot has the smoothest shifting manual I've ever driven.
I also think the transmission in my '93 Cherokee was made from surplus corn-binder parts.
RossoRacer likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Lol true true. No complaints here. It's smooth but so easy to spin the tires. But the 2 other manuals I've owned were chevys 80k+ miles. I think it just catches sooner and I'm inadvertently giving it a bit too much gas

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 08:37 AM

Garage
Welcome. Might be time to "reprogram" your foot to the new pedal!
Enjoy.

Safe Motoring...and Keep the Shiny Side Up!

2016 Patriot, Granite Crystal Latitude, Fwd, 2.4 L 6sp Auto Stick, 17 Wheels, Continental Tires, Uconnect 430 w/back up camera, Am/Fm CD/DVD, 28 GB HDD Sirius XM Boston Acoustic system w/ Sub w/flip down spkrs, Abs Plastic Wind Deflectors, Jeep Mud Flaps, Mopar Rails, Jeep Cargo Liner.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Yeah pretty much. Almost feels like learning all over again. Thanks. Not sure what's in store for it yet other than beefing up the suspension for towing. Would that require new springs or would the rros help as well?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 09:41 PM

Garage
What are you planning on towing? Patriots have a rather modest tow capacity, even with the tow package. I think its no more than 2000lbs and that includes passengers and cargo.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 11:16 PM

Garage
Welcome from PA

2016 Granite Crystal Jeep Patriot High Altitude Edition
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 08:53 AM

Welcome from Central New York.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:03 AM

Garage
Welcome from MD! I just got mine a month ago.

2016 Patriot - http://imgur.com/a/JrGEn

Mod Gallery - http://imgur.com/a/OnusV
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I'm from PA as well.

Probably nothing major just would like to be able to add a little so I'm not overworking it. From what I've read on here there is no way to add performance to these jeeps yet and I'm probably going to see how much it'd be to add 4wd come tax season for the extra 1000lbs.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 10:24 AM

The only improvement to the suspension that would be notable would be coils ... If only to reduce sag.

Towing etc would be increased with the aid of a oil cooler.

2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 FDI.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the welcomes. Sorry for the late response. Been quite busy with working 3rd and two small kids. I'd be towing more or less random odds and ends. I plan on moving soon so it'd be nice to not have to rent a truck since I already have a trailer I can use. Plan on getting a tow package and oil cooler installed shortly as well as a K&N intake to add a little power and hopefully help with MPG. I also plan on buying the RRO lift kit. My only question is what spacers would you all recommend? Is any brand better than the other? Also, when I get better wheels I plan on staying with the stock 16" but what offset would be required and what's the biggest tire I can put on without the pinch weld mod after lifting it? Thanks.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep16Riot View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes. Sorry for the late response. Been quite busy with working 3rd and two small kids. I'd be towing more or less random odds and ends. I plan on moving soon so it'd be nice to not have to rent a truck since I already have a trailer I can use. Plan on getting a tow package and oil cooler installed shortly as well as a K&N intake to add a little power and hopefully help with MPG. I also plan on buying the RRO lift kit. My only question is what spacers would you all recommend? Is any brand better than the other? Also, when I get better wheels I plan on staying with the stock 16" but what offset would be required and what's the biggest tire I can put on without the pinch weld mod after lifting it? Thanks.
Perfectly understandable that you've been away. Glad you have work, and of course the family comes first. You'll only have small kids for a couple years. Make the most of them while you can.

From what I've seen the biggest without a lift is 225/75/16. My '08 sits a little lower and I didn't want to risk that size on my Patriot. I see some saying 235 but I'd be mindful of what could happen when corner, braking and bumps all at the same time. I tend not to push the envelop.

Also, remember that spacers will put stress on other front-end parts and the Patriots seem to have a reputation for front end issues to begin with. That said, if you're willing to cope with a few repairs, don't let that stop you from making your Patriot what you want it to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode