Jeep Patriot Forums banner

What build specs does my jeep have?

9K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Kahbrohn 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to tell what specs my 2008 Limited Patriot would have. It has Navi and all the options but i'm trying to figure out the towing stuff. Doesn't have a hitch, but is there a way thru my VIN i can tell what it all would have as if it was brand new from dealer? Thanks, sorry i've been searching forever.

Thanks, my first Jeep ever and I love it! :banana:

#4 ·
I do not know of any way for consumers to tell what the options are on any given vehicle.

The package includes: Engine oil cooler, trailer tow wiring harness, full-size spare

Crawl under your front bumper and look for the oil cooler above your oil filter. This thread clearly shows what to look for. That's the key element that raises tow rating from 1000 pounds to 2000 pounds.

#5 ·
well go figure this morning my jeep would not turn over or start. had it in 2 days after i bought it they didn't find anything, so took it to diff dealer ship today and they said battery read 44 cca instead of 525 cc amps .... so yeah not going back to the place i bought it, that's for sure.

WHen i was at this new dealer, CROWN JEEP they printed me a 2 page paper of every single thing my vehicle was made with. It was made for a chrysler executive special ordered so has everything in the world, including full size spare, oil cooler, and everything i was wondering the printout cleared up! Thanks so much for your help everyone!

James

#8 ·
Like Jim did, just go to your dealer. The parts dept can print out a breakdown by VIN as to what is EXACTLY on your Jeep.

BUT don't pay too much attention to the initial breakdown by VIN digit. It is very inaccurate. The 'three letter' option codes listed afterwards tells you everything you'll want to know.

:smiley_thumbs_up:

#9 · (Edited)
This should help. I stumbled on this by accident and I got an online copy of my Jeep's window sticker by doing the following:

1) Get your VIN number.

2) Copy/Paste (DO NOT HIT ENTER YET! You will just get a "broken link" message.) this into your web browser: http://www.jeep.com.hostc/windowSticker.do?vin= (enter VIN # here)

3) Enter the vin number you just copied EXACTLY right after the "=" sign on the link above. No spacing.

4) Hit enter

5) There is your window sticker specifically for your vehicle.

#12 ·
This should help. I stumbled on this by accident and I got an online copy of my Jeep's window sticker by doing the following:

1) Get your VIN number.

2) Copy/Paste (DO NOT HIT ENTER YET! You will just get a "broken link" message.) this into your web browser: http://www.jeep.com.hostc/windowSticker.do?vin=

3) Enter the vin number you just copied EXACTLY right after the "=" sign on the link above.

4) Hit enter

5) There is your window sticker specifically for your vehicle.
hmm..all I get is "Domain not Found"..maybe the link no worky in Canada ????
:doh:

#11 ·
Bummer, I can't get it to work. It sucks to be computer illiterate! :doh:

But I DID put my old Compass VIN into Chryslers DealerConnect and found out that it has a new home, and it's not too far from ME! :banana:

Maybe I'll still get to see it every now and then........:icon_rolleyes:

#17 · (Edited)
Ok... hit the below link. Once the window sticker comes up, go to link bar and backspace the VIN that shows out and replace with your own VIN and see if that works.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/windowSticker.do?vin=3D6WG48T79G501028

TESTED: and it worked using a VIN number from a unit at some dealer... Make sure there is no spacing between the "=" and the VIN you enter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.