Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Help (vehicle configuration mismatch)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  moparado 
#1 ·
I did an instrument cluster change on my Jeep Patriot 2011 but after i installed other cluster my Daylight stop working ,got the traction control light stay on now and my remote start stops working and getting code in my scanner as vehicle configuration mismatch.Please can anyone help me .

#2 ·
I assume you got the replacement cluster from a bone yard?
Is the replacement cluster the exact; year, model, engine, 4X4 or not, transmission and maybe other options?

What i think is going on is the replacement cluster in not compatible with your Jeep's PCM (Vin no.) software.
For example, if the cluster came from a 2WD and your Jeep is a 4x4, the PCM would be more than confused when trying to throw the 4x4 lever, just one reason for incompatibility.

You might want to stop by a Jeep dealer and see if its possible to re-flash the cluster for your VIN number or if its just not compatible with your Jeep.

Since PCMs became the norm in vehicles, the PCM communicates continually with the cluster via a serial data bus.
The PCM updates coolant temp and other gauges, CEL and other idiot lights in the cluster.

I would be surprised if when the engine is first started, the PCM did not interrogate the cluster to ensure its compatible with the PCM and maybe also TIPM software.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.