idatalink alarm/remote start for 2017 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

idatalink alarm/remote start for 2017

So i have the 2017 Patriot and i have a Viper 4706 alarm/keyless entry with remote start that i am DYING to get installed. The only problem i have is idata has not developed firmware updates for the 2017 patriot and when i called idata support, they told me to wait for the 2017 firmware instead of using the 2016 just in case something changed, but i think we all know that may not be the case.

I have been checking the idatalink website every day for new vehicle coverage to see if they have developed the firmware update for the 2017 Patriots (if it's any different than the 2016) alarm/remote start install. I noticed their website has the 2016 Patriot listed on their "new coverage" section but with a date of December 2016. If idata follows the same schedule of firmware updates based on vehicle models, then i may go the route of trying the 2016 firmware instead as i don't want to wait a year to get my alarm installed. Since it seems nothing drastic has changed with 1 year of production, then it may be just fine.

I have done tons of research and have become fairly knowledgeable on idatalink products but still have a few concerns, specifically on remote start using Tipstart type ignition switch's.

If anyone is educated on idatalink, or remote start systems with our pats, please let me know. I just have a few questions that i'd like to clear up. Otherwise i will post back here with more information as i come across it. Hopefully this can help others if they are going down the same path.

2017 Jeep Patriot 2.0 Sport w/ CVT. 17" OEM gloss black wrapped in Yoko G015 225/65/17, Mopar front/rear mudflaps, LED interior/exterior bulb swap, black headlight + grill trim, 35% tint front windows + 5% windshield strip, Optima D34 yellow top, Weathertech in-channel window air deflectors & floor liners front + rear + cargo, K&N air filter swap, plastidiped emblems, Mopar hood wind deflector, sill guard protection, stubby antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Update on this topic...

I emailed idata support after not being able to find any local shops to help answer questions as the moment i got technical they suggested i contact idata.

This was the response email i got regarding similar quests asked as the original post:

"Thank you for contacting us. First of all, I have to tell you that our solution must be installed by a professional technician for warranty purposes. Our product cannot be used as a "DYI" job even if we manufacture t-harness.

Furthermore, we havenít validated that the 2017 Jeep Patriot is compatible with our technology. We need to test the solution. But we suspect that the vehicle platform is the same as the 2016. As soon as we have a 2017 Patriot available for our engineers, we should confirm that the solution is the same.

I would recommend that you check the link below on a regular basis to remain up to date on our progress:

iDatalink - NEW VEHICLE COVERAGE

We add vehicles to our coverage weekly (sometimes even daily)."

I did check their website and as of Feb 16th, they had updated their vehicle coverage to include a 2017 Jeep Wrangler, but still no Patriot yet. I will update again when i make any more progress.

2017 Jeep Patriot 2.0 Sport w/ CVT. 17" OEM gloss black wrapped in Yoko G015 225/65/17, Mopar front/rear mudflaps, LED interior/exterior bulb swap, black headlight + grill trim, 35% tint front windows + 5% windshield strip, Optima D34 yellow top, Weathertech in-channel window air deflectors & floor liners front + rear + cargo, K&N air filter swap, plastidiped emblems, Mopar hood wind deflector, sill guard protection, stubby antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode