3Likes
  • 1 Post By 78SunnieDays
  • 1 Post By jack.allwardt
  • 1 Post By Rakuun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Question Remote USB Port

Hello!
I have a question regarding the "Remote USB Port." It was listed on the window sticker (under standard equipment) of the 2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 75th Edition I just purchased a few days ago. I've looked everywhere but can't find a USB port anywhere! Has anyone else had this same issue? I know some models have a USB port in the glove box, but there is nothing in mine.
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

I actually just found it! Went to Jeep.com and did a live chat with a rep. He told me it would either be in the center console, on the radio itself, or in the glove box. Low and behold, although I had checked in the glove box a dozen times, I finally found it. It was in the upper left corner and is not physically attached to the glove box itself (which is where I had been looking). You have to really tilt your head down almost to seat level to actually see it... it's very hidden, but definitely there!

I couldn't figure out how to delete my original post (very new to the whole forum concept), but guess this might be helpful to someone having the same issue.
RodMyers likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78SunnieDays View Post
I actually just found it! Went to Jeep.com and did a live chat with a rep. He told me it would either be in the center console, on the radio itself, or in the glove box. Low and behold, although I had checked in the glove box a dozen times, I finally found it. It was in the upper left corner and is not physically attached to the glove box itself (which is where I had been looking). You have to really tilt your head down almost to seat level to actually see it... it's very hidden, but definitely there!

I couldn't figure out how to delete my original post (very new to the whole forum concept), but guess this might be helpful to someone having the same issue.
THANK YOU! I too, have this feature and up until this time, couldn't find it--now that I know where to look, I'll be satisfied! It wouldn't make sense to have it in the box itself, as you have to tilt it way down to change the cabin filter. One good thing about changing the cabin filter--requires you to empty the glove box, so you can sort thru and remove the junk....
78SunnieDays likes this.

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 12:44 PM

Mine listed the same thing when I purchased. Read the manual and it showed the location of it I figured it would be in the armrest or something. It is kind of hidden in that glove box.
78SunnieDays likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 11:05 PM

Kind of a bad place if you ask me.
In my experience, you have to leave the glove box open to use it...
I really wish jeep would have added it in one of the aesthetic slots by the shifter or even next to the cigarette lighter plug in...

2015 Jeep Patriot, 2.4L
Scorpion Ceramic Window Tint on front driver and passenger windows, Beltronics V8 Radar Detector
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 PM

Garage
i have an old ipod nano hooked up to this port and leave it there all of the time. With full controls on the head unit and steering wheel it is a great feature for this vehicle.

Between that and the 28 gb hard drive I have few thousand tunes literally at my fingertips.

Then there is the main USB port in the head unit too.

Lot's of options for tuneage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 High Altitude Maximum Granite Tinted wheels,
AVS in channel window visors, WeatherTech floor mats, Rugged Ridge cargo liner, LED interior, tag & b/u lights, Curt Class III hitch, JBL GTO 638 6x9" spkrs, AntennaX 7" Billet antenna, Roof Rails
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
electronic features, remote usb port, usb, usb port

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode