Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Clock Reset and A/C delay

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  KrisM 
#1 ·
So I am experiencing some electrical abnormalities with my new Patriot. When I first got it (a couple weeks back), I noticed the radio clock would reset ever so often upon start up. Didn't think too much of it, but now it is happening all the time to the point where I am not even bothering to program the clock anymore. On top of that, every time this happens, the A/C will not power on for a solid 30 seconds after start up. I can always tell when this will happen because there is a slight delay from turning the key to the engine actually turning.

This is starting to happen several times a day now, any thoughts?

#3 ·
KrisM

I have had the same problem with the delay start on my 2016 Patriot. It has been to the shop 3 times now. Last week they replaced the ignition module, only to have the problem re-occur 3 days later. Now it has to go back a third time. Only has 24800 miles on it. I know when I am going to have a delay in starting the truck because my key fob does not work prior to the delay problem. Somehow this is all related.

Has anyone had this same problem and found a solution????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.