Replacing Factory Speakers. - Jeep Patriot Forums
Electrical and Audio Discuss stereos, NAV, general wiring, lighting & GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-05-2007, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Replacing Factory Speakers.

Hello Everybody!! I recently bought my Green Patriot a month and a half ago, and later the front right speaker has a ratlling sound, I most take it to the dealer but I wonder anway, if any of you have instructions about how to remove the door panel in order to install a new HiFi pair of speakers... Any help is welcome! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 09:14 PM

ahhh ihave the same problem!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Master

mee too!

2007 Jeep Patriot LTD

Black
2.4 4 cyl DOHC 16 V Dual VVT, CVT II, fully loaded

Add ons:
22" DUB wheels powder coated black, stubby black antenna,Magnaflow, gutted catalytic converter, K&N Intake, E3 spark plugs, smoked out corner lights, stock wheels painted black, HID Headlights, air horn , 2 10" subs, tint on front windows, H&R Lowering springs, LTD bumpers blacked and shaved, smoked LED tail lights.

Ordered Mygig factory Nav, new stereo in the works
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 AM

hi guys... i tried doing it myself...took the two screws on the bottom panel off, but i couldn't budge the panel off so i put the screws back in. I talked to a local car stereo dealer to install my speakers, anyways, he mentioned that like the liberty jeep and a few other chrysler cars... the speakers might need a part to fit in, in order to get installed. Not just unplug the wires and connect the new ones. Not as easy as i thought it would be. Hopefully someone can give us a solution soon.... originally would have cost about $40 to install the front alone, but could possibly cost up to $70 because of this new fitting part, and if i do the back as well, it would cost $80 if no part was necessary and $140 with this new part (connection)...not including taxes...
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 03:39 AM

crutchfield.com has all your answers

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-50eapki...av*spg399*root
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 07:25 AM

not sure of the address, but i remember seein detailed instructions on speaker replacement for the doors @ the jeep compass website...also, you may want to try the caliber site...

'07 silver patriot limited 5spd 4x4
added options: sunroof, Kicker Spkr upgrade, full spare, driver conv., premium carpet flr mats, trailer hitch, k&n filter, molded mud flaps.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:37 PM

Just did it it on my, the door panel is in 3 pieces. to replace the speaker all you have to do is pop the grill cover off of the speaker there are no screws holding it on. Once you remove the grill there are four screw holding the speaker in.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:40 PM

cool!!...now how did the panels come off? was it easy to pry it off and how many screws are there involved?
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 11:45 PM

Hey all,

New Patriot owner for about 8 days now!!!

Thats all you need to do is pull off the grill in front of the speaker, the entire door panel dosent need to come off. I just did it on my Pat. It's much eaiser then I thought. I can take pics if you want.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 12:31 AM

sweet...i thought you had to take the panels off... would be great to see pics if you could..
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 01:33 AM

well, i did it... took off the grill which was fine, but the only other hurdle i had was, what exactly is the size of those speakers? are they 6x9's ? i have a pair of 6.5'' speakers and they definitely don't fit in there unless there is some kind of bracket to hold them, to top it off... the stock speakers have this wire bracket which clicks to release the speakers. Are there any wire brackets available for that?
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 AM

THey are 6x9's. If you want 6.5" you will need brackets of some kind. Take a look at crutchfield online and "outfit you car" and it will let you know what speakers fit where.

They also have the wiring bracket available.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-15-2007, 05:02 PM

thanks sportjeeptj99 that really helped, was really wondering what to do. I guess i'll go shop for some 6x9's, i saw the bracket for the 6.5's to fit, but was wondering about the hollow gaps around the unfilled part of the bracket after the 6.5's would be fitted. Think that would affect the sound, where as if i got the 6x9's, it would fit completely without gaps,as per stock fit. Anyways thanks again for your help much appreciated...
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 01:53 AM

well, today i went to best buy and picked up a pair of 6x9 3way jbl speakers and a pair of speaker brackets to fit the 6.5" speakers i had. Thanks to windhamdw and sportjeeptj99, i did it myself, because of them, i saved about a $100 bucks minimal to get them installed professionally. They didn't have the wirebrackets i needed, so i had to manually cut of the stock brackets and rewire it manually, which was pretty simple, and now everything works just perfectly. now i just have to wait for the CANBUS radio replacement interface to be available and the aftermarket deck will be installed. Managed to order a dash kit from Crutchfield, then everything else should fall into place..ie sattellite radio, amp..etc..
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 09:58 AM

Great! Im glad you were able to get that done and save money! I am currently trying to put some tweeters in the dash. Im not doing components just adding tweeters to I am trying to figure out where to wire them in or splice them in. Any ideas anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode