Jeep Patriot Forums banner

IS 2007 PAT LOWER THAN 2011??

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  aroundincircles 
#1 ·
HI guys, i have a 2007 pat, i installed 30mm wheel spacers and i m going blacken it all...
It looks really low, like a city car sometimes... When i look at 2011 pat it looks higher...
Maybe is an optical effect due to lighter bumpers, door plastic black bands and more modern alloy wheel...
Or is it higher for real??

Is it possible to install 2011 front and rear bumpers on my 2007 bumper? I never read about that on the forum..

Inviato dal mio VIE-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

#3 ·
There are two things that factor into the height of the vehicle, springs and tire size.

looking at springs only first:
all 2wd's have the same springs and so sit at the same height.
2007-2009 FDI (non trail rated 4x4) have the same springs as the 2wd.
2007-2017 FDII (trail rated 4x4) have springs that are .5" taller than that of the FWD.
2010-2017 FDI (non trail rated 4x4) have the same springs as the FDII, and so sit .5" taller than prev FDI and 2wd patriots.

Tires:

the 16" wheels with stock tires and the 17" wheels with the 215/60r17 tires are 1" in diameter smaller than 215/65r17 tires, so if you have one that has the 215/65r17 it will sit .5" taller than one with the other two tire sizes.

So if you have a FWD 2007 with 16" wheels or the 17" wheels with the 60 series tires then it will sit 1" lower than a 2011 or later 4x4 with 215/65r17 tires.

to answer your 2nd question, I don't know about the rear, but the front bumper/grill is a different shape between the two refreshes, and would not fit, at least not without some modification. I haven't seen anybody do it, so I don't know what exactly it would require though.

#4 ·
Yes. Earlier years are an inch shorter. When I park my 2008 next to Wifey's 2014 on level ground I can see the difference (both are FWD). You'd really have to be looking to notice, but if your installing things close to the ground its probably more noticeable.

#6 ·
speaking of springs
anyone know of aftermarket springs for 2007 FDII?
all i see listed are generic 2007 springs
cant find springs specific for FDII which came with additional 1" ride height mostly off the springs
is this a dealer only part for FDII?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.