Tires!! - Jeep Patriot Forums
Suspension and Tires Bigger Tires? Lifts? Discuss it here!
Sponsored by Discount Tire

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
 
Tires!!

I am looking at getting 235/75R15 Hannok Dynamo AT-M RF 10's. I want to get the usual basic steel rims swell. First would they fit on the basic steel black rims, and would they fit with no rub. I do not have a lift on my 4x4 yet.
allblackeverything17 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Senior Member
 
miketmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 806
 
I have 235/75/15 tires on my 99 XJ Cherokee where they are fine but the Cherokee wheels do not clear the brakes on our Patriot. I personally would not go larger than 28.5" in diameter for MK tires.

Tire Size Calculator - Discount Tire Direct
miketmx is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
 
I'm new to most of this, but would they rub? and do you think they'd fit on1 16" rims?
allblackeverything17 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 03:15 PM

 
Sandstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,643
  
15" tires won't fit on a 16" rim.

I run 235/75-15 Duratracs on Ravine rims that came as an option for TJ's. They clear the calipers.
OTOH, Canyon rims won't due to the way the spokes curve back toward the calipers

Take a look at these threads for more info:

Patriot wheels sizing

15" Wheels and 30" tires on your Patriot (no spacers): Test Fit Results

15" Ravine Rims, 235/75/15 Duratracs, CRDSTU coils, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Airbox Baffle Mod., Midland 822 CB w/ 2' Firestik II, Weathertec floor liners.
Sandstone is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstone View Post
15" tires won't fit on a 16" rim.



I run 235/75-15 Duratracs on Ravine rims that came as an option for TJ's. They clear the calipers.

OTOH, Canyon rims won't due to the way the spokes curve back toward the calipers



Take a look at these threads for more info:



Patriot wheels sizing



15" Wheels and 30" tires on your Patriot (no spacers): Test Fit Results


then i assume i would have to go with 235/75r17 but those would be way to big for a patriot lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allblackeverything17 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Senior Member
 
jonkat44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 108
 
Garage
Tires!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allblackeverything17 View Post
then i assume i would have to go with 235/75r17 but those would be way to big for a patriot lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I am running 245 65 17 Goodyear A/T Adventures w/Kevlar on my 2015 High Altitude. No lift but I have 1.5" Hub Centric spacers and I also had to do the pinch weld mod. No rub whatsoever.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jonkat44 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkat44 View Post
I am running 245 65 17 Goodyear A/T Adventures w/Kevlar on my 2015 High Altitude. No lift but I have 1.5" Hub Centric spacers and I also had to do the pinch weld mod. No rub whatsoever.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


i got quoted for new AXT's and new rims for 645, the basic steel black rims. is that a good price or no?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allblackeverything17 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Senior Member
 
croat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,350
 
Garage
Don't really like the tread appearance on my Kumho's or the look overall but I must say, for an all season tire I was one of the only ones on the roads today that was not slipping and sliding in the frozen ice rink created by the sleet and snow

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

~George Carlin
croat is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by croat View Post
Don't really like the tread appearance on my Kumho's or the look overall but I must say, for an all season tire I was one of the only ones on the roads today that was not slipping and sliding in the frozen ice rink created by the sleet and snow


ya i was sliding today forsure on the sleety snow as well heading to school


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allblackeverything17 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Senior Member
 
jonkat44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 108
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by allblackeverything17 View Post
i got quoted for new AXT's and new rims for 645, the basic steel black rims. is that a good price or no?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


What size are the tires and wheels 16" or 17"? It sounds like a good price to me. My tires alone were a little over 900.00



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jonkat44 is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 38
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkat44 View Post
What size are the tires and wheels 16" or 17"? It sounds like a good price to me. My tires alone were a little over 900.00



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


16, but ya i know the guy so i get a little discount


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
allblackeverything17 is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
jonkat44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 108
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by allblackeverything17 View Post
16, but ya i know the guy so i get a little discount


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That's cool! Always good to know someone.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jonkat44 is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Jason31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
 
RNR Wheels has wide range of cheap tires and rims. You can visit their site and make selection. They have around 100 stores in different cities.
thanks

Last edited by Jason31; 02-01-2017 at 03:39 AM.
Jason31 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome