Jeep Patriot Forums banner

I need help regarding appropriate rim/tire size

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Danger.Riot 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 North Edition 4x4, non lifted. I just ordered a set of Pro Comp 7089s 16x8 w/ 0 offset, 4.5" backspace. I'm looking at BFGoodrich T-A KO2 tires, size 225/70/16. That was my plan, but now im starting to wonder if the rims are too wide for those tires. I have no plans for a lift, but im not opposed to the pinch weld mod if I have to get 235's for the 8" rims. I'm really hoping I didnt screw myself by getting 8" rims. Can anybody chime in, tell me if 225s will be fine on those rims, or if 235s will rub? Please help! thank you

#4 ·
This is an old post, hope you got it sorted. I have 235s with the 16x8 rims 4.5" backspacing. I was gonna get the same wheels but with 225s, was told too much stretch on the side walls. I did the PWM for the 235s, some people don't do it, but it does come really close to touching. Even after I did the PWM I had some rubbing to the inner fenderwells.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.