New Yokohama Geolandar AT G015 Tires - Page 2 - Jeep Patriot Forums
Suspension and Tires Bigger Tires? Lifts? Discuss it here!
Sponsored by Discount Tire

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottaway86 View Post
I just bought cooper discoverer srx tires in 225 65 r17. Looked at the geolanders but really liked the coopers. They are suppose to beat the goodyear sr a in about every category from the tests i have seen on youtube. Also, this is about the most aggressive all season I could find. The problem I have with all terrains is they are not the best in the snow when the tread wears down, and it wasn't worth the extra money in my opinion for the once a month I drive down some mild offroad trails.
I think a tire made of Paper mache would beat an SR-A in just about any category.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:22 AM

I haven't been happy with my geolandar A/T tires. They have worn very quickly. I think it had to do with the alignment some but half the tire is gone in less than 10k miles. Wish I would have gone with the G015 tires instead.

Mods: 225/65/17 Geolandar A/T, K&N Cold air intake
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMan View Post
I haven't been happy with my geolandar A/T tires. They have worn very quickly. I think it had to do with the alignment some but half the tire is gone in less than 10k miles. Wish I would have gone with the G015 tires instead.
Were they even available when you bought yours?

an alignment issue will destroy tires... but the falkens I had on my patriot were the same, 3/4s gone in the first 11k miles, and they got LOUD too.

I've enjoyed the Hercules on my XJ, still look great despite alignment issues, beating them off road, and serious rubbing against the body, with a similar 10k miles. They just don't sell anything that would fit a patriot very easily, the closest they have is the Terra Trac AT II in a 235/65R17.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
If the tire is only wearing on one side, it's 100% your alignment and or broken/bent suspension.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
Were they even available when you bought yours?

an alignment issue will destroy tires... but the falkens I had on my patriot were the same, 3/4s gone in the first 11k miles, and they got LOUD too.

I've enjoyed the Hercules on my XJ, still look great despite alignment issues, beating them off road, and serious rubbing against the body, with a similar 10k miles. They just don't sell anything that would fit a patriot very easily, the closest they have is the Terra Trac AT II in a 235/65R17.
I got them last fall. So the other tires were available but badly advertised. I didn't even know they were off road tires.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraveSingletrack View Post
If the tire is only wearing on one side, it's 100% your alignment and or broken/bent suspension.
Yeah it was wearing quickly in the front sides on both tires. I rotated them to the back and got the alignment checked. So far the rotated tires that are now in the front are lasting much longer it looks like. We will see how it does in the winter when I drive the jeep the most.

1 of the tires was wearing only one a side of it. The other was wearing evenly but still was wearing quickly.

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 07:53 PM

~$800 for a set of BFGoodrich KO2s, guess I'll be waiting a while on those...
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Interesting, I was interested in trying out these tires (and giving Yokohama another chance) on my Patriot, but it sounds like they may have the same issues as my other Yokohama's. On my Versa the tread was burned through in 1/3 of the time, and then on my Tiburon the tread was worn faster AND the tires cracked.

Really turned me off of Yokohama's when I got nothing from the warranty for the Versa tires, and barely half the price back for the ones on the Tiburon. Took months (January to almost June) to finally get a set of replacements for the Tiburon!
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crombie View Post
Interesting, I was interested in trying out these tires (and giving Yokohama another chance) on my Patriot, but it sounds like they may have the same issues as my other Yokohama's. On my Versa the tread was burned through in 1/3 of the time, and then on my Tiburon the tread was worn faster AND the tires cracked.

Really turned me off of Yokohama's when I got nothing from the warranty for the Versa tires, and barely half the price back for the ones on the Tiburon. Took months (January to almost June) to finally get a set of replacements for the Tiburon!
I think the newer version of the A/T probably last longer. They also are 20% cheaper than the competitors on tire rack so you get what you pay for.

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crombie View Post

I'm in the same boat, I had Yokohama AVid's on my VW and they wore quickly and were ice skates in the winter for being all-seasons. I'm really tempted to give Yokohama a second chance and try these G015's though. Hmm what to do, what to do.

The K02's are really nice looking but I doubt they would be good in the winter looking at that tread pattern. And they are such a heavy tire... I want something aggressive looking yet will still be good in winter.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

I ended up getting General Grabber AT2s. We'll see how they do in snow, I have 3 sets of wheels, so I may end up with dedicated snows.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraveSingletrack View Post
I ended up getting General Grabber AT2s. We'll see how they do in snow, I have 3 sets of wheels, so I may end up with dedicated snows.
Lol 3 sets of tires?! Thats a lot of room for storage.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Lol 3 sets of tires?! Thats a lot of room for storage.
Stack em.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 09:59 AM

I just ordered a set of these G015s to replace my OEM Firestone Affinitys. Only 25k miles on the Affinitys but they were already at about 4/32. Could probably get a few thousand more miles out of them but we are expecting to have a harsh winter this year. Looking forward to having a slightly larger A/T tire.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 10:25 PM

Garage
Has anyone run the 225/65R17 on these? I was thinking of getting these for my wife's Patriot, but I'd like to know about the on road differences between those and the stock size tires. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode