First post - hope it reads OK ..
My 2008 2.4 CVT Patriot (96k) has intermittent non-start issues. She'll crank, but not fire - mostly when the engine is cold and it also appears to happen more often when the air temp is cooler (lower than about 6C / 42F is the trigger point for not starting) ~ and always at the most inconvenient of times (petrol station / picking the kids up for school etc). When she does fail, the ETC warning light will stay illuminated.
When she fails to start - about 75% of the time, she will start eventually (just keep turning the key off and on and off and on .. and after about 7 to 10 mins, she'll spring to life) .. the other 25% of the time, I give up and get the bus to work
A local garage (not a Jeep dealer) read the fault code as P2107 - Electronic Throttle Control Module Processor (it also threw out P0522 oil pressure sensor & P1279 starter control circuit, but I suspect these are unrelated) ~ but referred me to a Jeep dealer.
A Jeep dealer (60 miles away ~ I'm in the UK, Jeep dealerships are few and far between) was unable to diagnose the problem - because the engine was warm when I got there .. D'Oh
Here's what I've attempted so far (some unrelated to the issue - but listed for completeness)
- new throttle body - fitted last week (I was convinced this would sort it .. to no avail!)
- new battery (replaced a few months ago)
- new spark plugs (along with a filter and fluid service - a couple of months ago)
- replaced battery in key fob
I've searched the forms for a similar issues - with no luck, hence I'm posting here. I'd be grateful if anyone can give me some guidance.