Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Every warning light lit on dash?

20K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  bevhowze64 
#1 ·
Hey so I'm posting this in this forum as well because I wasn't getting any responses in the general forum.

My car is a 2007 Jeep Patriot 2.4L automatic. 119,300 miles. repairs done; I've had the car two years(my first car, I'm 19. Purchased with 87xxx miles December '14). Summer of 2015 I had alternator replaced. December 2016 I needed upper tie rods replaced. Other than that I can't think of any problems fixed, always passed inspections, oil changes and maintenance always done timely.
So, I went on a trip from PA to NY this past Monday through Wednesday; probably put 450 miles on it all together. Yesterday, I got home and I had my oil changed at meineke. I've never been there before but I couldn't get in with my mechanic quickly so I just figured I'd do it there since I don't like waiting too long past the sticker. They didn't say anything was wrong with the car(which surprised me since places like that can screw you over with unnecessary work for extra money), just that I needed new wiper blades so I told them to change them. Things were fine after that, car actually drove much smoother than usual. I drove home and to work(40ish miles all together) and when I got off work 7 hours later I started the car and it went into drive; drove maybe 10 feet forward and appeared to stall out. Which I thought was odd since I didn't fill the tank(stalling is occasional due to charcoal cap which was already addressed and a common problem). When car stalled, I let it sit a minute and turned the key; it just made the starting crank sound like it couldn't turn over, I held key all the way turned for 15 seconds, did that a few times and nothing happened. Let the car sit 15 minutes, tried again, still nothing. A friend came to try to jump me since battery light was on, nothing happened since battery was tested and good. AAA came and towed it, my mechanic looked at the car(very trusted guy my family has been using for 6 years since moving to PA). He said fuel pump was bad. He changed the pump and started the car, now all lights on the dash are on. He is keeping the car to look more into after the long weekend to find the problem. Does anyone have any idea what this may be or have any of you with the 07'-12' jeep patriot experienced this exact problem after changing a fuel pump? Thanks in advance for any input and advice- just trying to figure out what if anyone may have any ideas.

See less See more
#4 ·
when dash lights up like a christmas tree that usually brings me back to the alternator/battery
when alternator doesnt put out enough juice that triggers faults in various sensors, hence the christmas tree. low voltage could have blown sender on fuel pump
would have battery properly load tested at a chain shop
if you have a multimeter you can check alternator voltage yourself, although thats hit or miss as can be fine at idle, then fail under load,

#5 ·
I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot and I have less than 80,000 miles on my car and have only had it about two years, My problem is that all of my warning lights are on. At first they came on when I went over 50 miles on the speedometer. Now they stay on all the time. I did talk to my mechanic and he said it might be the transmission. I also had it starting to give me problems with getting the car to run after it was started. It would make a grinding sound an I would have to pullover until it warmed up. I do a lot of going back and forth to my doctor and I need my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.