3 PSI Electric Supercharger - Jeep Patriot Forums
Engine and Drivetrain Engines, transfer cases, transmissions and axles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 3 PSI Electric Supercharger

I found myself a supercharger that seems extremely to install. It doesn't really apply much air to the engine (3 PSI) but it seems to be a good fix for just a little bit more power for a lower price. The website claims that it adds 85 horsepower but I can already tell you it's less than 35 ponies. Does anybody see the downfall to a supercharger this cheap? Link is here: http://www.superchargerswarehouse.co...Superchargers/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweebski79 View Post
I found myself a supercharger that seems extremely to install. It doesn't really apply much air to the engine (3 PSI) but it seems to be a good fix for just a little bit more power for a lower price. The website claims that it adds 85 horsepower but I can already tell you it's less than 35 ponies. Does anybody see the downfall to a supercharger this cheap? Link is here: http://www.superchargerswarehouse.co...Superchargers/
Those fans really don't work at all, in fact they end up obstructing the intake and reduce power.

The only electric supercharger I've seen on the market with any cred is this one:
http://www.phantomsuperchargers.com/

They go for around $1500.00

15" Ravine Rims, 235/75/15 Duratracs, CRDSTU coils, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Airbox Baffle Mod., Midland 822 CB w/ 2' Firestik II, Weathertec floor liners.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:56 PM

mwah ha ha ha

do a search for these snake oil things

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 07:54 AM
Banned

snake oil...waste of money.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 12:11 PM

Well, of course they work! Just keep telling yourself this same lie until you believe it. It's been said before on this forum, the 2.4L engine has been maximized for performance and economy as possible....just learn to drive "around" the "weak" areas of performance--in other words, "drive defensively!"

Jack Allwardt, Bonney Lake (Tehaleh area), WA; (REPEAT Patriot Owner...'08 Limited and a '16 High Altitude), Retired engineer, US Army veteran, Member: American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Central Valley Vietnam Veterans, Enumclaw (WA) Lions Club. Former vintage military jeep owner, instrument rated commercial pilot, ag pilot, vintage aircraft restorer and test pilot.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 12:26 PM

Even if they did work, since the computer controls every aspect of the system, it would sense the extra air and either 1) not open the throttle body as much, or 2) go into a limp mode. both of which would prevent any added power being used.

I've said this at least a dozen times, until you are actually able to get into the cars brain, and re program it, anything you do to improve performance on the engine will be negated, or even cause worse performance. at this time, there are no available programming tools available for the MK's. You would either have to go to a custom programmer, or go after market with like a haltech.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Banned

Correct. all these filters exhausts etc are a waste of money, and just make more noise, less power, and burn more fuel....and with aftermarket filters like k&n, oiled are bad for sensors and let more particulate through.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 08:04 AM

They work great as circulation fans though.

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 11:35 AM

I say you go for it, screw the haters.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 11:40 AM

Dweebski79 already started making america great again

-Ben
'12 WK2 Altitude , lifted + buncha stuff. Just here for laughs.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:00 PM

I'll save you another $150.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...i=70750&r=view

2003 Jeep Wrangler X
1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
2011 Dodge Durango Crew
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraveSingletrack View Post
I say you go for it, screw the haters.
We're not haters. We just know that the product is crap.

Go to the website he listed. Look up any car on the list. LITERALLY ANY CAR. This miracle of engineering adds 80hp to anything, whether it displaces 1.5l or 7.3l. That doesn't seem remotely suspicious to you?

We're just haters, right.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack.allwardt View Post
It's been said before on this forum, the 2.4L engine has been maximized for performance and economy as possible....
This is, of course, blatantly false. SRT squeezed 285 hp from the 2.4L with the use of use of forced induction.

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:31 PM

Yeah, they blow alright.

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
Even if they did work, since the computer controls every aspect of the system, it would sense the extra air and either 1) not open the throttle body as much, or 2) go into a limp mode. both of which would prevent any added power being used.
Not entirely true. If you can truly push 3 psi into an engine the ECU will see a lean condition and add more fuel. 3 psi is barely breathing on it so the stock tune and injectors can probably keep up with minimal risk. Hell, up here in Denver 3 psi would just about get us back to sea level performance (sea level atmosphere is something like 14.7 psi, 5,000 feet is about 12.2 psi. So by your logic if I drive down to sea level my Jeep will either make less power or go into limp mode. Clearly that doesn't happen because my Jeep still runs when I take it up to 13,000 feet where atmosphere is somewhere between 8.5 and 10 psi and then back to 5,000 ft. I do notice a loss of power at altitude though and while I haven't taken my TJ to sea level, I've had many cars I've driven from elevation to sea level and I see a noticeable increase in power, but never a limp mode condition.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost, supercharger, turbo, turbocharger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode