At last, more than a camophoto - Jeep Patriot Forums
Other Jeeps Discuss other Jeep vehicles (Wrangler, Grand Cherokee,
Commander, Liberty and any discontinued platforms)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
At last, more than a camophoto

This isn't exhaustive, but I found this: New 2017 Jeep Compass unveiled, replaces old Compass and Patriot too
I wonder what others are thinking . . .

Anyone traveling to Brazil? Maybe you can test-drive one and give us a report that is more than speculation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 05:53 PM

I like my 2015 Patriot.

2015 Patriot Latitude 4 X4,2.4, 6sp auto, high altitude package, power seat, leather trimmed seats, Uconnect voice command, remote start, Sirius XM satellite radio, heated seats, sunroof
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 08:37 PM

That looks like a toy, and like every other "SUV" in it's class. I bought the Patriot because it still LOOKS like a Jeep... you can't mistake it for a Honda/Mazda/Toyota driving down the road!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdomansky View Post
That looks like a toy, and like every other "SUV" in it's class. I bought the Patriot because it still LOOKS like a Jeep... you can't mistake it for a Honda/Mazda/Toyota driving down the road!
AMEN.....AMEN.....AMEN.....AMEN.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Yes, the economy has gotten better....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdomansky View Post
Ya'd think stylists could get any more creative than that. They think that just because its got 7 openings (can't really call them slots) in the grill that they have somehow picked up a cue from historic Jeeps. They have, but perverted it. Maybe they need a new styling chief? And they missed the most obvious cue of all--the boxy body shape.

Even going retro could look better.

Shame they're phasing out the Patriot when it hasn't even peaked yet.

I like my dealer but not the direction FCA is headed in. I may buy my next vehicle from them, but maybe a used something (Patriot?) off their lot, but its unlikely to be one of their new, exciting, improved models. (We need a yawning smiley!)

I'm starting to see how some of these foreign companies can get a hold in the US market: just make something basic, useful and durable.
Same thing happened a generation ago when the Japanese came into the US market. US couldn't make a good small car, so Toyota and Datsun and Honda did.
Now Jeep is forgetting their core market and somebody else will find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode