renegade comanchee concept? - Jeep Patriot Forums
Other Jeeps Discuss other Jeep vehicles (Wrangler, Grand Cherokee,
Commander, Liberty and any discontinued platforms)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

renegade comanchee concept?

if there was a true transfer case in it, and it was sub $25k, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

couple of more pictures here:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...mage=100549045

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:39 AM

Oh, the hate is coming now... I can feel it descending on this thread now...

Drinking game:
1 shot everytime someone says "real Jeep", "ugly", or makes a reference to FCA ruining everything.

I think it looks badass and I hope they make it and sell millions of them.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nth256 View Post
Oh, the hate is coming now... I can feel it descending on this thread now...

Drinking game:
1 shot everytime someone says "real Jeep", "ugly", or makes a reference to FCA ruining everything.

I think it looks badass and I hope they make it and sell millions of them.
I haven't seen rosso online yet this morning. So it may be a minute.

It actually looks REALLY good. My main complaint with the past few new jeeps (compass/cherokee/renegade) as far as looks go is the stinking rear end. They don't know how to design the back half of a jeep. This is simple. Cut it off and put a truck bed on it!

Again, 2 speed PTU or a transfer case on this puppy, and I'll buy one today. It doesn't even have to have a massive pay load. I need a truck, I've been shopping for one for a while. I need to be able to carry around things like bricks, and plywood and stuff, but then the rest of the time It would be a DD that would need to get good fuel economy. This would fit the bill perfectly, especially with the drop top.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 11:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Terasec Send a message via Yahoo to Terasec
i like the renegade for what it is,
decent small 4x4, for light offroading, if i was in the market for such i would heavily consider the renegade
I dont like the comanche version
dont like the looks, yes its ugly, drink up, and dont feel engine is enough to power those wheels
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

The concept is a diesel, so it should have enough guts to get those 32" tires spinning just fine.

I think I like it because I really really like small tucks. I want to replace my infiniti with a small truck, but used ones might as well be made out of gold for what people are asking for them, the new colorado is NOT a small truck, and frontier/tacoma are very long in the tooth, and so its a hard justification for spending that on a new truck.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 01:35 PM

Garage
I actually think it looks pretty sweet. The design fits this much better than it fits the Renegade. I bet this would be a fun thing to drive
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
The concept is a diesel, so it should have enough guts to get those 32" tires spinning just fine.

I think I like it because I really really like small tucks. I want to replace my infiniti with a small truck, but used ones might as well be made out of gold for what people are asking for them, the new colorado is NOT a small truck, and frontier/tacoma are very long in the tooth, and so its a hard justification for spending that on a new truck.
What about the Ridgeline?

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nth256 View Post
Drinking game:
that thing is ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly!! (I expect all follow up comments to be slurred)

But really, it is. I like the overall idea of small truck, convertible top (preferably without a roll bar), and some offroad capability. The problem with this is the front half doesn't match the back half. The front is all bubbly and round, the rear is squared off and "tough". I'd want the spare tire moved to the side of the vehicle where it belongs, but other than that, I'd buy that thing based on the rear end alone. Of course once I saw the front I'd be pissed and demand my money back.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
What about the Ridgeline?
I HATE the look of the old ridgeline, but I like the look of the new one that is coming out, but it isn't out for a while and I have no idea what it will cost.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
that thing is ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly!! (I expect all follow up comments to be slurred)
Now wait yuo jus' a minnit... (hic) I can't find my liverrr, i think it ran awsy scared.

Quote:
But really, it is. I like the overall idea of small truck, convertible top (preferably without a roll bar), and some offroad capability. The problem with this is the front half doesn't match the back half. The front is all bubbly and round, the rear is squared off and "tough". I'd want the spare tire moved to the side of the vehicle where it belongs, but other than that, I'd buy that thing based on the rear end alone. Of course once I saw the front I'd be pissed and demand my money back.
I think it's not that ugly, certainly less ugly than a pre-facelifted Compass. I do see your point about the inconsistency in the design language between the front and rear tho (cannot ever unsee it now, thanks). And I'm not sure how I like the step-side bed - I want to see a version with a hard top and a smooth-side before I give my final judgement, as this looks very much conceptual, and in that sense, I like it a lot.

I think, more than anything, the proportions are DEAD ON. Looks-wise, it looks like a great mini-truck design.

I'm not gonna get into the FWD "truck" debate, and just leave it at that.

Quote:
I'd like to know how they crammed 32" tires onto a Renegade with only 2" of lift (which i'm assuming is the absolute, CV-busting limit).
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 02:54 PM

This looks so great, but I'm upset that it would based on the Renegade. I had a bad experience with mine and it's gone after only 6 months.

2014 Patriot Sport 4X4
2016 Compass High Altitude 4X4
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I HATE the look of the old ridgeline, but I like the look of the new one that is coming out, but it isn't out for a while and I have no idea what it will cost.
I'm right there with you. Although after driving a ridgeline (2014, I think they had done updates to it in 2013 or so) I really liked it for an urban truck. I think "urban truck" is very key. It's not going to replace a Ram Power Wagon that lives in my hypothetical garage, but it's great for a homeowner doing the commute thing and grabbing a load of soil on the way home. It's not powerful enough to be fun and it just sorta works, but for an appliance type vehicle it works very well. I'm sold on the FWD/AWD architecture of it, it's good enough and is something I'm more comfortable with in snow and ice than a traditional 4x4 like other trucks. Aside from a new body (which I really like), the 2017 doesn't seem that different to me. A bit more power, maybe they stiffened the frame or something to up the tow rating which would be a good thing. I'm truly holding judgement on it until I see one on that lot but it's got a lot of positives going for it in my book. The biggest negative of the old one IMO was the poor (relative) fuel mileage. You can't argue that you're going to buy a Ridgeline for MPG when the F-150 beats in this category, and pretty much every other, but I'd much rather drive a Ridgeline through town than I would any full size truck.

Anyways; it'll be here in the fall so it's not that far away. Prices start at $32,500.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Did they finally release the price? that price makes me sad.... its way to far out of my budget...

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Did they finally release the price? that price makes me sad.... its way to far out of my budget...
The $32,500 is the lowest rumor I have seen. My bet is that by the time you get it decently equipped it's going to be $40k. Honda has always been proud of their cars, the Ridgeline seems to be doubly so. They appear to hold their value well though from what I've seen on craigslist around here. Maybe a lease payment on it isn't so bad if you're into that kind of thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode