Jeep Truck - Jeep Patriot Forums
Other Jeeps Discuss other Jeep vehicles (Wrangler, Grand Cherokee,
Commander, Liberty and any discontinued platforms)

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Jeep Truck

I'm kind of surprised I didn't see this posted here yet. Did nobody see that Sergio Marchionne (fiat chrysler ceo) confirmed that there will be a factory built Jeep truck in the lineup late 2017, built in Toledo along side the new Wrangler. Mike Manley also confirmed it.

In the same article, and I feel like this was already known, they confirm that the replacement for the MKs will be called either Compass or Patriot. Apparently Compass better name recognition outside of North America but Patriot is better known here.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...pass/78648152/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
I'm kind of surprised I didn't see this posted here yet. Did nobody see that Sergio Marchionne (fiat chrysler ceo) confirmed that there will be a factory built Jeep truck in the lineup late 2017, built in Toledo along side the new Wrangler. Mike Manley also confirmed it.

In the same article, and I feel like this was already known, they confirm that the replacement for the MKs will be called either Compass or Patriot. Apparently Compass better name recognition outside of North America but Patriot is better known here.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/bus...pass/78648152/
So what they could do is call it the Patriot in NA and Compass everywhere else, like they did with the Liberty. Either way, it will look like a GC.

15" Ravine Rims, 235/75/15 Duratracs, CRDSTU coils, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Airbox Baffle Mod., Midland 822 CB w/ 2' Firestik II, Weathertec floor liners.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 08:17 AM

I am very interested in a jeep truck. I feel trucks are far too big anymore. I think I remember reading somewhere that the new wrangler will be slightly smaller than the JK (which is massive compared to previous wranglers) and a smaller truck based on that would be awesome.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 08:46 AM

Close Enough
http://www.stcharlescdj.com/new/Jeep...307ca382e9.htm

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4/2.4L Maximum Steel Metallic: New DD Status
2008 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2004 Pontiac GTO (Cam Onlyish LS1): Gone but not forgotten
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMarco View Post
That's the JK-8. There was a used one around here in the fall. I went to go buy it, but after messing with it for awhile I decided it was dumb 90% of the time and provided less functionality than a JK so the additional price is difficult to swallow. The JK-8 has a rollbar along the bottom behind the seats and that area is difficult to access so it's not very usable. Grocery shopping during a rainstorm in a JK-8 would suck as it's really just two seats that are covered. I didn't find a cover for the rear I was happy with and that was pretty much the end of the JK-8 for me.

I think I'd like the 2005ish Gladiator concept as it checks off most of my wishlist. Better than JK approach, departure and breakover angles, a bit longer wheelbase and overall length, taller bed rails than the JK-8 provided, some tie down points, a real tailgate, and an extended cab with some seats back there. The back seat didn't look great but for me they only need to be usable in a pinch. I'd like those seats to fold out of the way so I can use that area for groceries or storage. I liked how the Brute used a suicide door on the passenger back door and the driver had sort of a half door for getting cargo in and out of it.

EmilyJoness likes this.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 08:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
You're supposed to slide cargo through that little door into the back seat? I thought it was for your dog!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
You're supposed to slide cargo through that little door into the back seat? I thought it was for your dog!
My dog would fit and I'd like to say I'd use it for him, but I believe like most suicide doors you have to open the front first and he's just going to beat me to the driver seat. I'm not sure that the cargo door is big enough for something like a lab to jump through without catching the top of their back.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:59 AM

its a perfect thing to open to slide my laptop case and lunch box into every day when I go to work. I like it in the back seat so it doesn't flop around like it does on the passenger seat.

2012 FDII Patriot - Sold
1989 Cherokee Pioneer - 3.5" MC lift
http://aicproductionblog.com/support-this-page/
http://www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 AM

Garage
I just hope they price it low enough to be practical for someone who actually needs the vehicle for work. I've got a friend in forestry and he won't buy a new vehicle to use as he does. The pretty paint job is wasted.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to nysfro585
I would like it better if it had a real crew cab back seat.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 05:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysfro585 View Post
I would like it better if it had a real crew cab back seat.
They can do that, and probably will. Just add $10,000 to the price.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
They can do that, and probably will. Just add $10,000 to the price.
The towing on it will not be good i think. But for 10k extra i say out my price range. Its going to be around 50k jeep when it first come out. Ill still have my trailer that can do the same things as a truck bed.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 08:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysfro585 View Post
The towing on it will not be good i think. But for 10k extra i say out my price range. Its going to be around 50k jeep when it first come out. Ill still have my trailer that can do the same things as a truck bed.

Agreed. A trailer can do anything a truck that size can do, and it cost me about $500 not $50,000. Maintenance cost is a couple squirts of grease every year and a new set of tires every 10. Best of all I can park it for weeks at a time and enjoy good fuel economy when I'm not using it. When its time to trade vehicles, the trailer lives on.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Agreed. A trailer can do anything a truck that size can do, and it cost me about $500 not $50,000. Maintenance cost is a couple squirts of grease every year and a new set of tires every 10. Best of all I can park it for weeks at a time and enjoy good fuel economy when I'm not using it. When its time to trade vehicles, the trailer lives on.
True that. Plus no added insurance cost.

Ignatz likes this.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 04:09 AM

Quote:
That's the JK-8. There was a used one around here in the fall. I went to go buy it, but after messing with it for awhile I decided it was dumb 90% of the time and provided less functionality than a JK so the additional price is difficult to swallow. The JK-8 has a rollbar along the bottom behind the seats and that area is difficult to access so it's not very usable. Grocery shopping during a rainstorm in a JK-8 would suck as it's really just two seats that are covered. I didn't find a cover for the rear I was happy with and that was pretty much the end of the JK-8 for me.

I think I'd like the 2005ish Gladiator concept as it checks off most of my wishlist. Better than JK approach, departure and breakover angles, a bit longer wheelbase and overall length, taller bed rails than the JK-8 provided, some tie down points, a real tailgate, and an extended cab with some seats back there. The back seat didn't look great but for me they only need to be usable in a pinch. I'd like those seats to fold out of the way so I can use that area for groceries or storage. I liked how the Brute used a suicide door on the passenger back door and the driver had sort of a half door for getting cargo in and out of it.

Good Posts.Nice information.
Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Patriot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode